sciatica or dvt

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i posted a few days ago but just looking for more advise please. I have had pain/discomfort in my leg for 3 weeks now it started as calf pain which changed positions from behind knew to lower down to ankle and shin. It would come and go throughout the day but seems worse when sitting down. There is no swelling or redness. It has now progressed and I have pain/discomfort in my bum cheek and upper thigh down to my ankle again it comes and goes and is worse when sitting soes t really bother me when I'm walking around. It is mostly in my left leg although occasionally I feel discomfort in right leg also but majority of time it is my left. My doctor is really hard to get an appointment with and I don't really like him so just wanted some opinions please

Thanks

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Can I add that the pain differs also sometimes it's cramp sometimes sharp sometimes tingling
  • Posted

Hi Linsey, you should definitely go to your doctor or maybe even A&E, it sounds like a disc problem similar to the one I had and I finished up having an emergency operation, I had similar symptoms to yours, pain and numbness in both legs and more so my left leg and foot and it wasn't until I had an MRI scan that the severity of the problem was identified. I was told that without an operation to remove some disc, I could face leg paralasis and becoming incontinent, so whilst I don't want to alarm you, I really think you should get to your doctors at the very first opportunity.

If you have a problem getting an appointment, go to your nearest A&E and express your concern, tell them that a friend of yours had ther same symptoms and was kept in to undergo an operation, obviously be prepared to be kept in or at the very least to be booked in for an MRI scan.

• Posted

Definitely see a doctor, have you a triage nurse at your practice. It's worth trying that route if you don't like your doctor. Or choose someone else at the practice.
    • Posted

I find it strange how it comes and goes so much and is at its worst when sitting I'm guessing it's more like a nerve thing rather than dvt
  • Posted

It definitely sounds like a nerve thing, you really should go to see your doctor, it may not be as serious as I mentioned before and could get better with time, but you should err on the side of caution, as it could be really serious.
    • Posted

Thank you for your help and advice I will make app with my doctor and c how it goes
    • Posted

Fingers crossed it's not serious, but at least if you get it checked it will give you peace of mind.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.