Sciatica returning 8 weeks after L4-L5 laminectomy and fusion

Posted , 3 users are following.

I would  like to get some feedback on this recurrence of sciatica. I am 8 weeks post op L4-L5 laminectomy and fusion. I was great for the first 3 weeks and was walking up to as much as 5 km per day. Then suddently my feet went numb and now I have recurring pins and needs and sciatica is starting to return.

Does anybodyt know what this means? Neurosurgeon has ruled our hardware dislodgement with X ray and MRI says no inflammation. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

See a chiropractor for back, hip and pelvis alignment or locked SI joints.
  • Posted

I have been told, Don't have sources on hand, that 65% of all back operations may have complications which range from return of pain to becoming tetraplegic. One of my friends is a hospital owner multi-millionaire, was operated for Hernated Disc by a surgeon that he himself chose from amongst the best here in Brazil. He ended up in a wheelchair until now, going on fifteen years. He can now walk a few steps. There will be lots of people who are going to tell you surgery is wonderful, but they can't prove it's better than solving your issues with exercise. I feel really sorry that you now have pain again, it looks like you'll probably have to have more surgery, since that was the path you took. Chico Marx may be able to help you, he's practically bionic and on this site.

I wish you much luck, I've got problems with the same vertebrae, but I'm not doing any fusion as my friends in the States that fused vertebrae have serious pain issues. Lots of ski-ing accidents. Me too.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.