Sciatica Success Story

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I wanted to share my uncles sciatica story on here. Hes been dealing with it for years and has tried allot of different therapies but the pain just kept coming back. From chiropractor trips to painkillers (which work, but the side effects). The one thing at the chiropractors office that worked well was the tens unit and we had no idea they were over the counter until a few years ago.

Then after doing some research on tens units. We got one and its been an absolute blessing. My uncle has been using it on his hamstring near the sciatic nerve for best results. He also puts in on his lower back. The thing about this thing is that it is portable and I think thats key. Hes also reduced the intake of pain killers.

I know how though it is seeing family members suffer with pain and I hope you guys find a way for relief. Here is a link of the tens unit we bought from amazon . https://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Warranty-Stimulator-Massager-Sciatica/dp/B06XXDTC3W/ref=sr_1_23_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1515619963&sr=1-23&keywords=tens+unit

This thing has worked wonders and I really hope it works for everyone on here as well.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm in  Brazil. I've been suffering with Sciatica since I hade a bad accident that damaged my back and now the nerve is pinched ia couple of places . IF your uncle is having succes with the Tens unit, then he should look into Quell. It won the prize for best invention of the year in the USA. in 2015-16. The compnay sells it , but Amazon also sells it. It comes with a sixty day return guarantee . It is an elastic band with electrodes that you insert into band and wear below the knee and it has an App. that you put on your cell phone. You calibrate it (easy)and it controls how much you walk, how much the pain has reduced. every now & then they have sales of electrodes and literally hundreds of thousands of people all over the world are using it. It lowers or stops nerve pain , and people rave over it. You can see the questions and answers on Amazon. I have one, with electrodes to last six months. Apparently on some people it doesn't work, on others it takes a few weeks and some it works instantaneously.I'm still insisting & think it has reduced my pain somewhat.  Being the Best Invention of the year I'd give it a try. Quell Pain relief, Amazon.Works on a similar system with shocks to the nerves but it's just a band/belt  on your leg, & you can move around freely , travel. work, do exercises. Just have to charge the batteries occasionally.  

• Posted

It is great that you found relief from the pain.  However, I would wonder what is the actual SOURCE of the pain itself....

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/sciatic-nerve-pain-from-the-perspective-of-many-decades-629096

?In all but one of my sciatica cases, the problem was fixed by chiropractic, heat, some Voltaren Gel, etc.  However, in one instance, nothing worked (see Category 4 in the link).  That's because I had a bone spur at L4 literally crushing my sciatic nerve root.  In such a case, only surgery can remove the spur and stop the pain PERMANENTLY.  I would seriously consider following up with a neurosurgeon.  Long term, an actual fix to the problem is way better that continuously treating a symptom.

• Posted

They do say it doesn't cure anything. Stops or ameliorates ALL nerve pains. DOES NOT CURE. But you only have to look on the Amazon USA site to see that about 70% of the people who've suffered pain for years rave about it, including amputees etc. Doesn't work for everyone, but so many people have had their lives improved after many years of pain, now they can work on their farms, travel and LIVE! Check it out for yourself, also they are constantly improving it as they accept critisisms from customers. I'm one that it doen't work on, unfortunately.

• Posted

I am glad he is better. I have just come out of hospital; degenerative spine disease is giving me acute sciatica. The hospital has referred me for Physio, and also to the pain management clinic. This is all on the NHS. The clinic does injection,  tens machines and all other sorts of help. If he is in the UK, his GP should have referred him to one of the geriatric clinics or at least a pain clinic. He shouldn’t have to pay for anything. 

All the best to both of you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.