Sciatica support

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi started having sciatica last year and after being discharged from physio and off the tablets in Aug tthought I was on the road to recovery but after today am back on diclofenax and tramadol but at least have been refered for an MRI but that will take 4 to 6 weeks am unsure as to whether to give up my new job that I started last Oct for financial reasons its only 20 hours a week but it is in a preschool so I will be lifting I also cycle to work as buses not run on time....feeling quite low as I was an active fit and healthy person before this just coming up for my 6 monthly review Dr says I should dose myself up and battle on through but am feeling exhausted and still in pain do I rest and give the painkillers a chance to work....any advise would be appreciated thanks

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

i can't believe ur doc, how are you expected to keep going like that, it just makes it worse. I did try and woke up one day and couldn't feel my feet. That was it and 4 mths later I had a DISCETOMY . Unfortunately it didn't work out for me but at least it wasn't as bad as before. I have just had nother op as I had a cyst n inflammation on spine. I have posted about it on here. 

• Posted

That's the nhs for you I got discharged from the physio too I'm going back agin next month had mine for a year pain in both hips lower back on tramadol like you never had a scan or any X-rays I got myself a si belt  which has help a lot with the pain in my back and hips it gives good support also use hot water bottle or ice packs they work well .

The gps don't understand people with chronic pain 

I know how you feel it's living hell 

• Posted

It's a belt for your lumbar lower back si means sacroiliac joint the belt heals alleviates the pelvis reliving pain in back knees ankles and feet . They sell them on amazon well worth it 

• Posted

I shall look that up sounds like so,ethng I could use right now lols x
    • Posted

I got mine yesterday worn it all day you can feel the belt work the back still hurts but there support for it I wear mine on my hips 
    • Posted

Me too, continuous Tramadol for last 20 mths and now zopiclone 7,5mg on rations from GP!
    • Posted

Heard of 2nd but it's scary for some reason, is it highly addictive or something?

dunno what the 3rd is for??

• Posted

They say you put on weight when you take them I've not put any on lol 

The last one's a Anti-inflammatory pain killers 

• Posted

Oh right yes I was on Naproxen for anti inflammatory but my surgeon took me off as it's known to slow bone growth and I've had bone grafts with my op so it's a no go. I wish I could take it it really helped before
    • Posted

I haven't worked since jan 15th 2013! My husband ran a business but it didn't do well and I went down to half pay and then no pay . We lost our home and live in privately rented now. It's lovely and very near hospital, on the doorstep really just hoping this op I had will work

Have you had any ops?

• Posted

Nope no ops or scans or X-rays only had physio and hydrotherapy which did nothing back again next month I've not worked since sept 13. I know what it's like to loose a home my ex wife got mine 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.