Sciatica Surgery success rates

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

I have stenosis of my lower limber back & recently I have sciatica pain in both buttocks & both upper thighs, it been driving me mad for over six weeks now, I have had nerve block injections which relieved the pain for only 24 hours, I am now looking at having surgery to get rid of this awful sciatic but my neurosurgeon is doing is best to put me off having surgery, basically he is saying there will be no negotiation after the surgery if the surgery is not successful & I have worse pain than before.

Has anyone had this surgery & what were the results ?

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Chico

Thanks for your kind words & your advice.

To be honest I am running out of steam, the only consultant I really trust does not seem to want to deal with me, I really don't know what I have done to offend him. the only thing I have done is pushed for right man to do the right procedure.

Have a Great Xmas & New Year my friend, & many thanks again !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.