sclerosis colli vesicae urinariae

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello All,

I am 36y old, and my symptoms of last year are:

• weak urine flow, mainly in the morning. It took me once, 2 minutes to pee 400ml
  • take me 10-15sec to start
  • if I have totaly full bladder lets say 600ml in it. I can not empty it at once, I have to pee 300ml, after 20-30 minutes next 300 ml.
  • everything like erection, ejaculation / 8 ml/ no pain everythink is OK.
  • I can hold urine several hours, no urgency, but I have just slow urine flow, and problem to start

so I decided to visit Urologist. She performed Uroflow test and I had just 9ml/s peak. PVR 10ml, which is OK. my prostate is small she said 25ml. Per rectum as well it is ok. tumor markers psa/fpsa all OK. So, next step was cysto to find out where is obstruction.

I have to say that I can not remember that I pee with strong flow. As I can remember I have always pee slow. I always was the last one on toilets. I thought that I pee a lot of volume with compare others.

So cysto showed high sclerotic bladder neck, my uro suggested to do incision of the neck, since my bladder wall is trabeculated. That means it works hard and could be damaged if continues like this. I have slow flow as I remember but I do not know how slow.. it was normal for me. Uro said that it can be congenital or there is not known reason how it is created. maybe inflamination but I have never had any. My uro adviced me surgeon (who will do the insicion) and he said that some young male have it and they do not know why it is created.

On forum I there is mentioned TUIP and BNI but I think there are different procedures.

TUIP is insection of prostate but TUI is BNI - insection of just bladder neck. I can see it is interchange sometimes.

I have scheduled procedure on 23. january 2024 and I am so scared. I have never been in hospital, no procedures. And I have to mentioned that 3 Urologist I visited, One of them is surgeon, said that RE is almost 100%. but I have kids, so what can I do 😦

I joint to this forum mainly to put it out of my head, since this is hard time for me and I have anxiety from it.

thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Optilume Catheter Procedure

Sounds like you would be good candidate. My doc also suggested a TUIP, but for me it would be hit or miss on its success. I wanted to avoid retro grade ejaculation. Otherwise, he recommended a TURP.

There is such a thing as a ejaculation preserving TURP. There is up to a 10% chance of retrograde with the procedure. They have to keep the tissue 1-2cm from(distal/proximal) the verumontanum. You need to find an experienced surgeon for the procedure.

Optilume seems to be used in Canada quit a bit. I've not seen any US cases yet. It's was initially geared toward urethral strictures. Its now expanded to BPH cases where the Median Lobe is not an issue.

If I had this option, I would try it, quick and easy. I have a median lobe issue. Looking at PAE for my next procedure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.