Scoliosis Kyphosis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ive got Scoliosis Kyphosis and have had bone fusion many years ago. Im currently suffering severe pain just where my spine curves and have had local anasthetic injections but they have not improved anything.

Can anyone let me know of any other measures that I can approach to be able to live with this pain, I need relief out of somewhere. I also have severe breathing problems and lung restriction.

Its impossible to obtain an appointment with the consultants.

I NEED HELP!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Pain relief: consider Bu-Trans trans dermal patches. Look on Internet and discuss with GP.

see consultant. It cannot be that you can not. Start with GP, and ask him or her for a referral, explaining why you want it. Then your GP can discuss potential benefits of this, and book it, or explain why it would not help.

• Posted

Hi Thank you for your response.

I have already tried the Bu-Trans Patches and ended up very seriously ill with these so they are a no no for me.

Currently on Nuermentin would do anything for relief, but the hospital have discharged me some 10 years ago, so hopefully I'll be seen by them again without much delay.

• Posted

Hi Jenny

I think the previous post has said it all.

I have kypho scoliosis along with OA, a fractured greater trochanter bone that will never heal and has left me on crutches permanently and also osteoporosis

So I think your GP is the first stop....its usually them that deal with pain relieve and from  that you will possibly get a referral to the pain clinic or to the consultant

Good Luck

Love

Eileen  UK

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.  The future looks quite bleak for Scoliosis sufferers with noone to listen to us about the pains. 

Good Luck

• Posted

Hi Jenny I have the same as you I managed the pain with a muscle relaxing pill for epileptic fits strange but it worked.  As for the breathing I have a 42% lung capacity which is down to the fact that I had the Harrington rod set when I was ten years, and my spine has not grown since which means my lungs never grew they were ok till a few years ago, when I started to put weight on and this put a strain on my lungs.  There is nothing that can be done as I am co2 retainer aswell, and use a nippy machine, which really helps my breathing.  You need to get an X-ray done and get tested.  Hope this helps as it took years for mine to get sorted.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply, yes I have all of the above, what an outlook I have and not being able to breathe on top if it all.

I have been very careful about the weight issue as Ive little to no room in there for the lungs to start with.  On a BIPAP at night and its great, I feel as if Im living again, if only I could get a cure for the pains, and the struggle to get through each day is inhumane.

All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.