Scoliosis Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have pain in my lower back and down my right leg when I walk or stand would one of these be of any help and allow me to walk longer distances?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have not tried one of those, but I completely alleviated crippling lower back pain caused by my scoliosis by practicing Bikram Yoga. It's a gentle yoga practiced in a hot, humid room. The postures are all designed to stretch and strengthen the muscles and ligaments surrounding the spine. The problem I could see with using a brace like that is that it would actually weaken your muscles over time, since it wouol support your spine instead of your core muscles.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply, that did cross my mind but seeing that I am 80years old I am not so concerned about weakening the back muscles, I just would just like to go for a walk 2/3 miles on the moor.

I would not wear it all the time only when going for a walk, gardening etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.