Scotland NHS Humira and waiting times

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

i am on weekly injections and live at the moment in wales uk and i am thinking of moving to the highlands in Scotland (i cope with the cold up there better then the damp weather in wales).

how difficult will it be to see a Gastroenterologist consultant and get the humira, would there be a long wait to see a consultant, or will they just continue with out a delay by transferring records?

I am on humira for crohn's and Ankylosing spondylitis and see a rheumatologist and the 2 consultants prescribe humira jointly so to justify it easier to the powers to be and bean counters

Thanks for any info.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Depends where youre planning on going.

Inverness hospital is well equiped, elgin hospital is well equiped.

How far north are you thinking of going?

I am from wales and spent 11 years up near inverness.

• Posted

Hoping to find some where near tain and was hoping to use the inverness hospital, as i always have traveled out of area if need be for good consultants.(Currently nearest big hospital is 15 miles but i travel 60 miles because consultants are better)

The problems is different areaes different prescription rules

Thanks

• Posted

You could call nhs scotland and enquire about it in the areas youre looking at?

Or perhaps someone will give you a reply here.

Good luck!!

• Posted

Hi i was on humria injections for  3 months 2016 they didn't help my crohn's flare up. I am on Inflixmab they are helping. I live in Dundee Scotland. My dad has Ankylosing spondylitis he has had since he was a teenager, he is in his seventies. I hope you get to continue your treatment.

• Posted

i am lucky humira work for me most of the time and certanly stops my pain.

i just need find somthing when i flare up with crohnes

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.