scots govt takeing over some disability benefits

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone I live in Scotland and have been hearing on the news that the scots Govt will be taking over some disability benefit payments including migrating from dla  to pip does anyone know what the date is for this takeover  is thanks in advance James.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

This was actually in the news last year but as i don't live in Scotland i have no idea what it's all about. My advice to you would be to search the internet to see what you can find. I can actually tell you the the PIP descriptors and guidelines remain the same for everyone, where ever you live.

• Posted

This is what i've found out for PIP and what the Scottish Government are planning on doing but the PIP descriptors and guidelines remain the same.

improving benefits for disabled people and people with ill health, and confirming that no assessments will be carried out by the private sector.

If you claim DLA and are still waiting to be transferred over to PIP then the usual procedure applies. My advice to you would be to look at the PIP descriptors, gather your evidence and plenty of it, last but not least don't just think the process is easy because it's not. A lot of people think that because they claim DLA they will be entitled to PIP, that is not the case. PIP and DLA are completely different, with different criteria. Do your research and don't expect them to contact any medical professional because they very rarely do.

• Posted

Hi Denise thanks for reply. I wondered if they had set a specific date for the take over as it has been on the Scottish news all day today but no one gives a date when all these changes will take place they seem to busy scoreing political points from each other thanks again for reply much appreciated. James.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.