Scratch-like marks appearing on skin What is causing this? [picture inside]

Posted , 61 users are following.

Hi, recently I've been getting these marks like this on my skin. Earlier today a line like this appeared on my skin seemingly out of nothing. I didn't feel anything when it happened. What can be causing this? Picture: http://postimg.org/image/97pzxschf/ I *definitely* did not scratch myself. They look like straight scratches but I did some research and they may be burrow marks of some kind. I have also been feeling itchy at night though I do not know what the cause of it is or whether it is related to this.

I have been getting large ones like this and also much smaller ones on my hands and arms and occasionally other places. A few hours later after I took this photo another large scratch-like mark appeared nearby on the same area in plain sight and I was really astonished and miffed about it. I suspect it is from a bug of some kind. What could this be? Thank you.

3 likes, 136 replies

136 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I want to add my 2cents.  I too have these mysterious marks but mine started when I switched to a narcotic medication over 10 years ago.  If you have every experienced itchy skin from pain relievers what is happening is your blood is thinning (or thickening)..not sure which..mine was significantly different the more medication I took.  I noticed I could rub (not scratch) with the skin side of my finger against my arm and a red line would appear and stay for several seconds. This continued to get more prominent .  Now I have less medication but I still have a side effect of itchy skin and I believe that it has something to do with what it is doing with your blood.  In my case it didnt take much..an example is one night I used a spoon to get an itch down my back as I was watching tv..didnt think anything of it..the next day as I caught my back in the mirror when I was changing clothes..IMG it looked like I was horse whipped..not only that the red marks were elevated and starting to get hardened almost like a wound.  Eventually they went away but a few stayed long enough that when I itched them they broke to bleed and then I had a wound to deal with.  10 years later..Im on different medication but notice the same strange scratches and crusty elevations on my skin out of no where.  I also have felt a prick like sensation sometimes only to see right before my eyes a small red welt develop..no contact was made to skin.  I believe it has something to do with the thinning or thickening of your blood.

If you do not take medication perhaps something is affecting your blood in other ways.  I know if I pulled the medication this would stop. I had NO SYMPTOMS what so ever before I started this medication..now, it is not just the mysterious scratches and elevations that appear..crusty marks, it is also regular wounds..when I actually do scratch myself of hit something..those tend to stick around so much longer than they used too. AGain, the blood to me is the culprit.

• Posted

Ok ( most likely not everyone but a LOT OF YOU) guys I have the answer for you. I suffered from this for a while and could t figure it out, I’ve had scabies before and it was similar but different at the same time. I dug and dug on the internet for days and finally figured it out. I bet most of you have cats? Dogs?bet you do! What you’re suffering from are mites!! Commonly called “walking dandruff or dander” and specifically called Cheyletiellosis. To get rid of them there are many different ways, google will help you but I will testify that the coconut and colloidal silver method 100% DOES WORK. Now  not saying that this will be the diagnosis  for everybody on here, because most likely not everybody on your house the same condition. For those of you this does help I’m glad I’m here to be of assistance and only made this account because I was googling this because I had again have gotten it and saw the overwhelming responses to this topic on the site. Western medicine is not really the answer here pesticides are not the answer I repeat pesticides or not the answer. I know my friend who I got them from used peroxide baths to get rid of Them from his self wife children and dogs brought them into the house I used melted coconut oil with Mixtown colloidal silver and painting it all over my body. The mites want to eat my skin and ingested the coil silver and it kills them dead immediately almost the really gross thing about this method is you will feel them trying to run to your head which is where you most likely have the least of Mount of oil and colloidal silver. Like I said use Google I’m sure there are other methods but I know that one works personally for because I’ve done it before. Sorry if this is worth a little weird I’m using speech to text as I’m driving on the highway but I hope this is helping at least most of you have a wonderful day !!!!

• Posted

Ha! Omg, I just suddenly broke out in a rash yesterday. And today it looks as though someone has been scratching up my back, and I’ve hardly touched my back. The scratch marks are actually where I can’t quite reach them.

And a couple of days ago, I was so exhausted I took my dog out from his crate to go and wee outside. But when I brought him back inside, he wanted to jump up on my bed, which I normally do not allow.

But that is one thing I wondered about.

He is regularly flea treated, I guess Advicate doesn’t rid him of mites?!!!!  Ewwww!!

I’m buying colloidal silver and Coconut oil.

I was given antihistamines today, which really did nothing. Two pharmacists suggested it was just an allergy. 

I also got a candida relief supplement, and probiotics today. But I have a strange hunch you may be right. 

• Posted

Hi I know it has been a couple of years since your post but I think I have what you mentioned. On the colloidal silver how did you get it cause found some on amazon but making sure it is the right thing. oh and how much to use.

• Posted

Have come across a scratch type illness in horses. There is a suggestion it can affect other animals and humans, it is called pastern lenocytoclastic vasculitus. It does mention an unfamiliar sarcoptic mange mite that could be responsible as well as a fungus as well as a few other skin infections. No idea of the value of this but it is the only thing I can find on an infection that causes scratches besides bartonella.
  • Posted

I've had these thin red scratch marks appear out of nowhere on my neck and upper chest area a few times in the past three years. I never felt any itch or stinging sensation so it's weird when I saw them on my body while taking a bath. I noticed that they only appear when the weather is too hot (I live in the Philippines where it's humid and summer can get up to 40°C btw) or when I get out from an airconditioned room and it's hot outside. My sister joked that it looked as if I was scratched by tiny demons with razor blades. They do look like light scratches made by razors and it scared me a bit. The scratches usually disappear after two days or faster if I put Physiogel Calming Relief AI cream on my skin.

• Posted

Greg 

I know what you are going through.  It is now 5 years and I have the same (I think so) parasites you have.  I finally found some relief by using Calamine Lotion and buying from Walmart camphor which you hang in the toilets.  I have been hanging the camphor in all my closets and under all my sofas, and even leaving one in my bed when I sleep.  My clothes smell a little from this camphor but it seems to be working.  Now, I am not getting bit from anymore bugs and the scabs on my body are finally clearing up. This works for me I do not know if this can work for you. The next time I see my doctor I am asking for her to write a prescription for sulphur.  Just read on the internet that sulphur can kill bugs so maybe it can also be used for whatever is living inside me.

Good Luck

Aucdrey

• Posted

Have any of you considered the possibility that your scratch marks could be paranormal? Obviously I can't really tell without seeing pictures and the link to a picture that I saw on one of the posts was not working. If you dabble with tarot cards or ouija boards or anything of that nature, you need to stop immediately. I've seen some crazy things in my day...and I'm just throwing it out there as a possibility. Demon scratches tend to happen in threes. Sometimes there will be welts and blood or even symbol or word formations. They will feed on you when you are at your lowest point and will drag you down deeper. I'm not crazy. I've witnessed it first hand and it is very real. I would say if you believe that this could be a possibility...contact a legit paranormal group ASAP and pray hard. You do not want to downplay this. If this is truly happening to you and you are not a believer in Jesus, you soon will be. 

That being said, I had a friend who also used to get what looked like paper cuts all over his skin and he finally realized he was having an allergic reaction to certain hand soaps and dish detergents. I would look into every avenue until you find your solution. Good luck to you all. 

• Posted

I know this discussion was started 4 years ago but I have been having the same problem. I believe I may have at least  part of the answer. I have had a yeast infection on my flank (under breats, across tummy) for months and kept asking my doc how to treat. OTC has done next to nothing, it always comes back. I began suspecting it was something in my diet so I took a good look at what I've been eating and my sugar intake has been rather high the past few months. I realized the juice I have been drinking 3 or 4 times a day is in fact only 18% juice and loaded with sugar. To make a long story short, sugar and carbs feed yeast within your body and I believe this rash may be a side effect. It's the only thing I can narrow it down to. So those who said cutting out sugar helped, that may be why. Try looking up some information about Candida overgrowth and see if it's helpful. In my case it seems to explain a whole lot of what I've been doing through the past few months so I figured I would share in case it helps just one of you!

• Posted

Thanks so much. Discussion may have started 4 years ago but ailment still persists. Pau d'arco (a bark ) seems to keep it mostly at bay for me. Since it has antifungal properties it seems as though candida may be a possibility. Do you have pictures ?

• Posted

I only get the scratches and pimples if I eat a lot of junkfood , carbs, sugar. I do a keto diet mostly and it has helped a lot. How do u think you got this condition? Its quite common here in s CALifornia What part of the country are you in?
    • Posted

There is a picture on Google of koebner phenomenon.. A scratch type skin complaint.. Have not had time to follow it up.
    • Posted

Greg 

I know what you are going through.  It is now 5 years and I have the same (I think so) parasites you have.  I finally found some relief by using Calamine Lotion and buying from Walmart camphor which you hang in the toilets.  I have been hanging the camphor in all my closets and under all my sofas, and even leaving one in my bed when I sleep.  My clothes smell a little from this camphor but it seems to be working.  Now, I am not getting bit from anymore bugs and the scabs on my body are finally clearing up. This works for me I do not know if this can work for you. The next time I see my doctor I am asking for her to write a prescription for sulphur.  Just read on the internet that sulphur can kill bugs so maybe it can also be used for whatever is living inside me.

Good Luck

Aucdrey

• Posted

Well, count me among the afflicted. This started for me in 2016. I had a horrible systemic rash that struck out of the blue one day in July. It started as a mosquito bite-like itch on my right forearm and by the end of the day both of my arms and both of my legs were entirely covered in insanely itchy "bites"/hives. I looked up what it could be and scabies seemed like a possibility. I took a course of ivermectin and permethrin and received steroid shots and steroid pills and the rash went away. Shortly thereafter I received my first spontaneous scratch. I would continue to receive many more over the next two years. And even received a handful more today. I have gone to multiple doctors, dermatologists and even therapists and they all say that I must have scratched myself as there is nothing that would cause this. As you all know, this is complete crap. Like you, I experience the same symptoms... a burning sensation and then you look down and you can actually watch a cut form in your skin. It's enough to drive someone insane.

In addition to the cuts, I now often experience a crawling sensation on my face and scalp, which seems most intense in the area around my eyebrows. I feel like my hair is alive and moving on its own. I have intermittently itchy hands and forearms. I also notice what appear to be tiny white dots under the outer layer of my skin. I can actually scrape or pick these out. If I don't remove them or cover them in sulfur ointment they will somehow spread and form a line of white dots. I have now noticed these things on my wife and kids but they don't seem to bothered by it and my wife just calls it eczema. In addition, my wife and I are now battling what appears to be cystic acne. Neither of us have ever had acne issues in our lives until just recently.

Relevant facts: we live in southern California near the water. Our home has had septic issues. We have black mold issues due to the moisture off the water. We have a rat issue in our yard and property. I have found living mites (maybe rat mites) crawling around the inside of my sweaty workout shirts when I take them off (have video of this). We visited Mexico a few months prior and all got terribly sick with norovirus. Our neighbors and their kids are experiencing a very similar phenomenon. My father in law now has it too. It seems to respond to ivermectin and sulfur, at least temporarily, but these do not seem curative. It gets much worse when sweating, and exposed to moisture and heat.

I believe it is either caused by a fungus/mold, a Mite (either burrowing or external) or possibly a bacteria or virus (perhaps an obscure herpes virus of some sort). Whatever it is, more and more people seem to be coming down with it and it spreads easily. Anyhow, I've attached a small gallery of some of my cuts, lesions and the bugs I've found. Maybe it will help us get a step closer to solving this mystery.

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

• Posted

BuggedOutGolfer

My dermotolgist told me I have nero dermotitis, this is not correct.  I am not going to anymore doctors because they do not specialize in parasitology and do not know whats going on.  Right now after battling with this for over 5 years it is under control.  When these buggers bite me it hurt and then a 3 - 4 inche red scratch appeared on my skin soon developing into bumps (which I believe was the eggs laid). 

This is helping me termendously:

I brake open all the bumps (which rely hurt a lot and bleed) and apply calamine lotion to each and everyone.  I keep braking open all the scabs until they do not hurt anymore and apply the calamine lotion.  In all my closets I hang camphor (this is what you hang in a toilet) and under my mattress and couch. This method is helping me I have not had any bites now for 3 weeks and the sores are now clearing up.  I have also purchased a scar cream (Mederma) which is helping clear up the scars which I was left with.

P.S. I even captured one of the bugs but there was no lab that would take it and let me know what kind of bug it is.  This bug is flesh color and is no bigger than the tip of a needle.  I still have the creature and may take it over to a Kinkos Center to see if they can blow it up to be identified.

Anyway, good luck to you and if you have anymore questions feel free to contact me.

• Posted

this really sounds like scabies, as well as buggedouts experiences.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.