screaming fast thoughts

Posted , 61 users are following.

Hi my names allison and im 31 ive been diagnosed with ocd and panic disorder ive never gotten a reason for a ongoing issue that ive suffered for the last 7 years about every 6 months or so i get this strange sensation out of nowhere were my mind feels like its going so fast and my mind feels really loud im not hearing voices but more like my thoughts i guess, its that crowded in my mind it sounds like a very busy restaurant like all talking at the same time and it becomes very loud I dont hear this out side my mind its always in my mind and I don't see it as hearing people talking its more a sensation this feeling can last up to an hour ill have it maybe for a month and it goes away for months and months. Ive asked my doctor and he has no idea he said its not psychosis asim not having any other symptoms and this has gone on for many years and not developed into anything more. I do suffer from migraine so I don't no if this may be an aura type thing im being sent to a neurologists but I cant find any information about migraine doing this all that I can find that relates to my symptom is bipolar does this sound like bipolar . Ill mention i dont get depressed or extremely high moments so im at a lose can any one relate

8 likes, 67 replies

67 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Ive searched for a while with little results. I believe that i experience something similar, and when it happens it almost brings a feeling of fear or dread. I will start by explaining the best i can what it is that i experience. There seems to be no real cause or activity that brings these episodes out, as ive experienced in almost every scenario. Today, i was just sitting on the porch, and like every other time, all the sudden my thoughts became intensely loud. During this I also get the sense that my motions and thoughts are sped up, like im moving and thinking at a really fast pace. For me as well, my sense of touch mainly noticed in hand/fingers, feels as if my fingers are fatter and when i touch or hold something it feels like im pressing really hard when im not. So far i havent found anything other than letting it play out to make it go away, nor have i identified what might cause it. Im sorry if its hard to understand, it is a strange feeling that ive tried to explain to others but never found anyone who experiences. While im experiencing it its almost like there are other background thoughts that are giving the feeling of loud background noise as well as any thought becoming loud and having the feeling of urgency. Like i mentioned this usually makes me feel like something is wrong with me, and/or makes me feel a sense of pre-panic/dread, like something health wise is going wrong. I appoligize again for my rambling, I seen this and wanted to share to let you know I believe we experience something very similar and your not alone. Also, I should mention that i have experienced this for as long as i can remember, I am in my early 40's. I hope you are doing well, thank you for sharing.

• Posted

Hi! I'm fourteen and I have been getting these for as long as i can remember i don't think I've gone a week without having this feeling and i have no idea how to stop it so i just let it go on until i feel normal again and go on with my day

• Posted

Its crazy, exactly the same thing happens with me, used to happen a lot when i around 10.now im 18 and it occurs after like 7 or 8 months. It only happens when i trying to sleep or can't sleep at night. The ceiling fan starts to make super sonic noises lmao. And every thing just goes FAST. Its weird and crazy. It rarely ever happens. Lasts for like a hour or so. I used to get scared when it happened to me as a kid. Now i kinda curious about it.

• Posted

i suffer from this too. it happened alot when i was a kid out of no where. It was like i couldnt control myself because my thoughts were so loud that i would have to talk just so it didnt sound so chaotic in my head but i never told anyone because I was so young I guess i never really realized this wasnt normal. anyways im 21 now & its comes & goes. anyone who experiences this & have gone to a doctor what was your daignosis? evertime i bring it up i feel so miss understood like no one has ever heard of this. now that I'm older & also have panic attacks i feel this could be related?? as a child i was never going through anything traumatic that would trigger that feeling thou it more more like it would happen if it got too quiet

• Edited

same as everybody else that commented. im so happy that i found this. when i talked to people about it they look at me like im crazy. when it happens my brain feels like its running at full speed. when it happens i cant think and my thought feel loud. one thing i didnt see other people say. when it happens to me i cant sleep ive had nights where im dead tired but just cant sleep and when i close my eyes it feels like im floating. it actually p*sses me off so much like i get motion sickness

• Posted

im 15 years old and i know you posed this a few years ago but i was on google and i was trying to google what was wrong with me and i found this link and read what you posted i relate to that i try to explain my mom what was going on in my head she thought i was joking around this happens to me like 5 times every other month it feels like a bunch of really fast loud thoughts in my head most the time it scares me and gets me really anxious and i dont know what to do about it i remember this would happen to me a few times when i was alot younger but it didnt worry me because i was so young and i thought it was a thing that happens to everyone then it stoped for a few years and i forgot about it now im getting older and its starting to happen alot i dont know what to do

• Posted

this is the exact same thing I've been going through like my entire life , i started writing down when they would happen and stuff cause I've been getting allot of them lately.

I'm not 100% sure but i think this may be panic disorder.

I think this because anxiety attacks are almost always triggered by something but with panic disorder it most often comes out of nowhere. Again not 100% sure but the symptoms of panic disorder really click with what I experience. I did like 5 " do you have panic disorder" online tests and all of them were very high and like in the severe stage of it so i think it might be that 😃

• Posted

Hello to everyone! At the same time I am glad and sad that you guys had to came together and share your experience about this mysterious thing that affect our life's. I stared having them when I was 19. I will never forget the feeling I had it first time. Now I am 27. Once every 6 months I experience this loud and fast everything. Because this is a special situation that we are in number here and I want to know what causes this thing. I would like to propose one experiment that may help us understand better what this thing is. What we have in common? What we all share? I had it first time when I moved in big city, I didn't sleep well those first weeks, and just got that thing. I think may be the environment. I can you give here more details or what you think that may triggered this thing at the first place. Thank you all!

• Posted

Also being a few years late to this thread, Im very thankful for you sharing your experience online & everyone else doing the same to understand ourselves & each other better. It seems like different conditions can experience this & I have never had clarity for this specific scenario no matter what ive seen a doctor for.

My names Kwabena, im 24, & I have been suffering from on/off since I was 9, being more common when i was younger. When it would happen, Morning or Night (when it's quiet) Id hear a slight ringing in my ears & everything around me would become alot louder, including my thoughts, i remember always noticing the clicking of clocks around me first. It would build until it was unbearable & i wouldn't be able to sleep out of noise & fear. Everything would feel fast & there would be a weird rhythm to it as it keeps flowing on, the eventual solution was the offbeat sound of tv. As a teenager it happened a few times but i was better at coping, aside from two occasions when i got into (on//off) trance like states out of the feeling & then would lose myself in hallucinations & behave chaotically to friends & family, only slightly remembering moments visually at the time but remember experiencing utterly different situations which were so imaginary that i thought i was crazy. nothing was ever diagnosed. It never got that intense past the age of 18. I seeked help for my mental health last year , not with this in mind, but i lightly mentioned it. Due to other observations on my personality i shared to my doctor, i was given medication for bipolar/schizophrenia for 3 months. It helped slightly with my mental health in areas but i lost alot of energy and motivation. I stopped the medication & due to covid i didnt chase them up as they couldnt do any in person tests or a give specific diagnosis. It happened intensely tonight, for the first time in 3 years, but i found this thread & calmed it down quickly by being honest with my partner on everything i was experiencing. Ive always known i can be anxious & on/off with my mental health/energy (but everyone can be) I just feel I'm in the dark a little & unsure if im just building up nothing (as i can panic & individuals have called me a hypochondriac). I just looking for help to inform my next trip to the doctor, if anyone has experienced similar states?

• Edited

I am 30 years old and this has been happening to me since I was young. It only happens a few times a year but it literally just happened to me this morning which is why I finally looked it up. It is like I can function normally.. it is just everything seems like it is going so FAST and everything going on in my head is LOUD and yelling almost. Typing on the computer, it feels like I am in a rush and I am being so aggressive with the keyboard but really, I am not. It is weird. I will say that I never was one to have panic attacks for most of my life but recently, I get them more and more as I get older. The only thing about today is that I had a slight panic maybe 10 min before it happened but it was gone and then this began. It is almost like my mind is telling me to hurry and complete whatever it is that I am doing and yelling about it. Every action and thought is fast, loud and obnoxious even though in reality, everything is normal and I am the only one who feels this way. It is very strange...

• Posted

Super late to this. Hi I am 16. I have felt exactly what most of you described for years. Since I was in 5th grade. my mom doesn't really believe me. she thinks I do it for attention or to just to pretend that I'm sick. My dad does believe me but he's never wanted me to get diagnosed out of fear of me being taken away or that it'll cost a lot. For me, my thoughts seem loud and as if they are yelling at me. they aren't separate voices and no they aren't telling me to hurt myself. my last doctor thought I said I heard voices which wasn't the case. she sent me somewhere else but I can't remember what type of doctor they were. they didn't ask me about my attacks and I explained the misunderstanding and he let me go and said I was fine. I know there is something there. I know it. others don't believe me or they just don't understand me. they think I'm crazy. I also don't get them often. it could be under a stressful situation like deciding what shirt to wear. I couldn't pick between two and all of a sudden my thoughts just went fast. my heartbeat was going faster. and everything surrounding me went faster. the tv downstairs was louder. my mom's voice was louder and fast. everything was just loud and fast. the most it's lasted has been an hour. and they come randomly. it could take months until one just comes. I don't fully understand what it could be considering there's so many disorders that it could be. I want to know. I'm very happy that there's others I can relate to. I feel alone and this forum makes me feel better. we all understand each other and we share this. Hopefully we can find out what it is and we can manage it and control it. Thank you for sharing your stories. it helps a lot!

• Posted

hi! my names emily, im 18 and your response really stood out to me. i have all of the same issues everyone else is talking about, but most people are saying that it randomly happens to them even if they are in a normal state. you said that you experience this when youre under a stressful situation, and thats pretty much the only time this happens to me (i have occasionally had this happen when i am stress free though). ive recently been very stressed with online classes and i experience the intenseness practically every time im in class or doing homework. its scary, frustrating and extremely overwhelming. i feel less alone seeing that other people deal with this too. i plan on doing lots of research and if i find any helpful information, ill be back on this forum to let wveruone know!

• Posted

I get the exact same feeling to the T! I have no migraines or anything, but I get these feeling every once in awhile. It happens out of nowhere. I'm not thinking of anything. I'm not stressing. I'm just sitting there doing normal daily activities like cleaning or on my computer and it just happens. It feels like the thoughts in my head are loud and almost screaming. It feels like I kind of can't breathe. I cannot explain the feeling, but it's not a normal anxiety feeling that most people have. I try to breathe through it which sometimes works and sometimes not. THe only thing I've found that makes it go away is talking to my husband or just hearing his voice. Focusing on something else.

• Posted

Hello! I am 19 and have been dealing with something similar since I was probably a junior in high school. It doesn't happen often but it is usually when I am really focused on something. I do not have bipolar disorder I've just been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, but these really really loud thoughts(and they are not voices, just my own thoughts) will race and be aggressive and I feel very weird for a couple minutes, and sometimes they almost go in slow motion. eventually it stops after a few minutes. I do not let it scare me because I know it will go away, but I am glad to see that I am not the only one.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.