SCREWS FINALLY OUT !!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

Injury was July 13th, ORIF fracture of the fibula, dislocated ankle and torn ligaments in my left ankle.

Just had the third surgery yesterday (ugh) to have the two longest screws out, the other six and the plate will remain in my leg.

Up to this point, I had only been 20lbs weight bearing, but got the go ahead yesterday to weight bear as tolerated with a crutch or walker, which is awesome.

I'm a bit sore today, but peanuts compared to what I've already endured and the stitches come out in two weeks.

So, finally feel like I'm making good progress.  Only had one physio appt. so far but my ankle is loosening up and we're getting there.

Just wanted to say how grateful I am for everyone on this site.  You have all been so kind to share your wisdom, your encouragement and many have made a point to check up on the other people still struggling...that is amazing, and I thank you all, what a wonderful thing.

Hope you all do your best to stay positive, I know it's hard at times, but with a little perseverance and patience, we will be up dancing before we know it.

Take care everyone,   Cheers!!

Deb   smile

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Glad it's all coming together for you. Deb. All good news. Takes a while doesn't it. Then a of a sudden we see progress. Let's joy it all well from here in. Sx

• Posted

Thank you so much Sandra!  Yes it is a journey I wouldn't want to repeat that's for sure!

Positive thoughts your way for continued progress!

• Posted

Hi Deb, I'm so happy to hear you're on your way to recovery. How long did they make you wait before they took out your screws? Was the ankle pain before you had them out like an incredible tightness & like something is pressing into the joint? I really hope my surgeon doesn't make me wait a year to have them out. Keep us updated on your progress Deb. I'm so thrilled for you. 

• Posted

Such a wonderful news. And yes you are right it’s a long way and can only be prevail with positive energies and perseverance 😊

• Posted

Thank you so much!  The best to you in your recovery   smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.