Scs implant 2018

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been experiencing burning sensations in both legs with strong electrical shocks I had the implant in may of this year. I was wondering if anyone else has had simular issues. My implant was a thoracic implant,;I am wondering if maybe it is that the unit needs an update, or if this is going to ve a continued issue.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

What unit do you have? I know with my Abbott if I have it turned up high enough even though it is in burst mode I will get electrical stimulation down the legs kind of like a TENS unit. It isn't painful or burning though. Does this sound like what you could be having?  Now I know if you have the real high frequency units like Nevro you won't get that sort of breakthrough stimulation. So, it would help to know what SCS you have, has this always been a problem and is it related to you turning up the "volume" on your controller?

Lynn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.