Scs.. malfunction

Posted , 4 users are following.

I also deal with depression and depression and pain is not friends, don't like taking meds that's I've been having trouble with the aca have had it for a little over a year but have had it off for a 3 months do to it stop stimulating the areas of pain and went straight to my knees in which the stimulation was so fierce it lifted up my patella, rock and a hard place my rep put me on the BURST now I'm able to walk better since it was program back to the areas of pain and it is working in my knees which I didn't have a problem with after an ortho Dr. Put them back with tough measure but pain stopped, the burst is working but pain back in my knees tensed a bout walking had enough pain experience don't want to end up hearing anything about knee replacement especially when I don't have arthritis in my joints.. Do I keep stimulator and still take narcotics which It's getting harder to be able to get pain meds or do I remove it save my knees and deal or learn how to deal with all over pain willing to listen to my friends who have a scam, can't get doctors to tell me anything, rep says Drs only know how to put in and take out, why was this not told before they did the actual implant, my hope is every one having a problem with theirs find a solution for help, thx for reading.....Joy

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey there Joy, my name is Lynn, I am actually a retired pain management doc who used to put those stimulators in.  I am really not quite sure what you are talking about here and I read your other post to Dee.  Are you saying that the Boston Scientific stimulator itself lifted your patellas up out of their normal anatomical place and you had to have a surgeon put the patellas back?  And, if I read this right, the thing with the patellas happened when the stimulators stopped working and so you had your back pain back again?  Why do you think the stim that wasn't working did such a drastic thing to your patella?  Did you have intense electrical sensations in the knee?  Are your Boston Scientific reps saying this was the cause because I frankly would be shocked to see any rep take any blame for any thing!  I am trying to understand better what went on so I can help you, it is all I can do now, help out on the internet now that I am a chronic pain patient myself LOL. I have a Nevro in my neck and an Abbott in my low back.

• Posted

Thank you for reading my post allaroundanne. I'll try my best to explain myself better, I 'be had my ex's for 14 months now the first seven months I truly felt that I had gotten my life back for 3 yrs I was having ablations alone with narcotics. I was told the ablations would last 6-18 months (not ) I had to force myself for 4 months before I was having another procedure, then I was introduced to the scs in which I was told it should carry me anywhere from 8-10 yrs WOW!!!! I was happy about this, but 7 months down the road I notice where I was not supposed to feel pain I was, no stimulation in the areas it was put in for was getting relief the only thing I felt was stimulation around the knees, I've never had a problem with my knees no arthritis but knees was hurting terribly I say it felt like a race car on a track, so I went and saw an ortho Dr and the e-ray showed where my patella on both knees was straight up out the groove of the knees some work was done but no surgery, but I wear braces to keep my patella in alignment now how long I will have to do this I don't know so I turned the aca completely of back on meds which have a little relief. My rep just this week program me again in what they call the burst my original pain is a little better I don't feel the stimulation but I know It's working because I can feel the pain in my knees again, and of course not the rep did not admit the stimulator did this, their advice was I may need it taken out, asked how long had it been since my back surgery which I've never had back surgery I saw a surprise look on his face, so I wonder is it for complicated back surgeries and also damaged nerves in which is my problem, I'm just wondering why I was doing so well at one point then the stimulation was only never for my knees, just have worked myself into another battle, The rep and NP told me not to ask the Dr. about it because they only know how to put them in and take them out. I'm lost I know everyone or everything is not perfect but I don't want pain, pain management, or drugs but I know I have to give somewhere I'm just in hope for some answers where I can't get them from my medical team. I know it was long but thank you for reading, Joy

• Posted

P.S.Hope you are doing better with your pain, It's not all about me so many worse off than I am, just hoping your feeling better, Joy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.