Scurvy or something else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm not sure what group to put this in.

So for a long time (5-6 months) I've had a constant nausea and my doctor got a blood test and showed that I have an allergy but nothing is being resolved. Recently, this nausea spiked up, getting worse and coincidentally bringing other symptoms. I feel really nauseous pretty much all day but at the same time, really hungry, fingers are shaking a lot, random spurts of aches anywhere in my body, weakness, fatigue, light-headiness, kidney pains and occasionally headaches. Is this anything serious?

Thanks

Kind regards,

Ethan

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Did your blood test show what you are allergic to? If it did, then avoid that particular allergen. Eliminating it should resolve the problem. If it is a food, exclude that food.

• Posted

That's what my doc is trying to find out but she has had no luck finding what the cause is so far.

• Posted

Maybe try a food diary to see if it is a food.

• Posted

I have and it seems like no foods give me extra nausea.

• Posted

Maybe stress could also be a cause? The anxiety of not being diagnosed, could trigger extra nausea too. Have you asked for anti nausea medication to control your symptoms while waiting for a diagnosis?

• Posted

I have exams coming up. The anxiety shouldn't last after that but if it does I will ask for that thanks. She gave me omeprazole, what is that supposed to do since I don't see any improvements when taking them?

• Posted

Since your exams are still pending, stress/anxiety will still be building up and will probably peak once you get to sit them. Once the exams are over, the stress will start to calm down, but it may take time for the body to recover so the anxiety/stress symptoms may linger for a while. Then of course, stress can build again while waiting for your results. This is the way I experienced exam stress.

Omeprazole is for heartburn rather than nausea. It is designed to reduce acid. However, omeprazole can actually cause nausea. If you are having heartburn, some people feel better within a couple of days but sometimes it can take up to four weeks to see improvement. However, since you are experiencing nausea only, you are far better off with an anti nausea medication especially since omeprazole causes nausea. I would see your doctor again, say the omeprazole isn't helping and ask for an anti nausea med.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.