SDP

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all.

Im on ESA Support Group and recently awarded PIP enhanced living and Basic Mobility.

Can anyone please tell me, the SDP form I've received and sent back. How long a decision takes and single persons rate and if it's backdated if awarded

Thank you

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

No one can answer how long it takes but it shouldn't take that long providing they recieve the form you sent. Yes it's back dated to the day you rang to start your PIP claim off, if awarded.

• Posted

mine took 2 weeks and got back dated to when i applied for my pip which was roughly a year earlier.

• Posted

Hi I replied for my premium on the phone and she said something about 3/4 working days and I will get my esa as normal so will it mean I will get my premium in 3/4 working days then I'll get my backdated money in a later date I don't really understand it how long it takes x

• Posted

There isn't really a time that anyone can tell you, i'm sorry. DWP can be slow sometimes escpecially when it comes to back dated money. Usually with Severe Disability Premium they send you a form out to fill in, it's not usually done over the phone. This is because there's criteria involved when claiming for this. They usually do their checks first.

• Posted

I got my first top up of my premium payment of £60 on top of my esa I haven't had my back dated money yet they said it's gone derision maker because I moved address they said it's just for second advice it went to the derision maker on the 27th march I did ring them back on Friday they said it shudnt really matter if I moved address so god nose what's going on do you think changing back to my old address could stop my back dated money

• Posted

No changing address has nothing to do with your SDP. As long as you were entitled to it then you'll recieve that backdated money. Criteria is no one claims Carers Allowance for you, No non dependants and DLA mid/high rate care or PIP daily liveing, you'll recieve that back dated money. If those applied before you moved you'll be fine.

• Posted

I moved back into my old address and I rang them up and changed my address and then she started talking about premium payment to be honest I didn't have clue what she was on about then she explained it to me on the phone and I got my first payment of £60 with 4 working days on top of my esa now just waiting to here about my backdated money they told me I At to ring back up on Monday thank for reply back Lisa

• Posted

If it's over a certain amount of money it can take a little longer than usual.

• Posted

Is been 10 days on Monday and still not had my backdated money yet how long did yours take x
    • Posted

A few weeks. The only way you'll get your answer is to ring them to be honest. As i said before large payments can take a while.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.