sdp

Posted , 4 users are following.

hesard back from dwp they might not backdate my sdp from my pip claim is that right thanks it was from last march advisers on phone said itt will confused .com now

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

SDP is backdated to when you first claimed PIP IF you were eligible for it then. My SDP was back dated to when i first claimed PIP.
  • Posted

If you are on universal Credit then there is no option for the sdp to be added on as it was scrapped by the government. If you are on esa then sdp should be backdated to the day you got your pip.
    • Posted

nope im still on esa aint gone to universal credit yet
    • Posted

I believe there isn't any plans yet for those currently on ESA to be transfered over to UC.

• Posted

I also forgot to ask have you been claiming ESA since you first applied for PIP?
    • Posted

no was on ssp when claiming pip only been on esa since sept/oct
    • Posted

Then this maybe the reason why the SDP will not be backdated to the start of your PIP claim. You will only get it backdated to when your ESA started, sorry. I didn't know you weren't on ESA when you first claimed PIP.

• Posted

i went on esa in october they backdated it from dec so its got be backdated from november not to worry but thanks for ur advice

• Posted

Hi,

Not yet the ones on ESA C will be uneffected just like JSA C.  It will happen eventually though.

• Posted

Hello Helen, sorry but i'm confused and not sure i understand what you're talking about. We were talking about Severe Disability Premium.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.