SDP backpayment

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi 

I’m waiting for a backpayment of SDP. The lady on the phone today said that it’s been processed and I will get the premium added onto my benefit as of my next ESA payment (21/11/17). She also said however that she’s unsure as to when I’d get the arrears backdated because it’s been sent off as it’s over a certain amount. 

Does anyone know what this ‘certain amount’ is? 

Bit of a backstory; 

I’ve been on ESA since my start date of Christmas Day, 2013. I’m not entirely sure when I applied for PIP but it was within the first half of 2014. I was finally placed into the support group and awarded my PIP (roughly around the same time) in September/October 2014.

I’m not sure when the benefit dates initially start at though because I received backdates from both benefits at the time.

Throughout the whole of my time on ESA and PIP, I have had a carer for around 10 months total. I know that this will be excluded

Just wondered if anyone could help me as to how much it might roughly be, when I could possibly be paid.. anything to help settle my brain! I’m too nervous asking them lots of questions on the phone, don’t like to be a nuisance! 

Thankyou in advance 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

You really do need to ring them and ask how much it will be. You won't be a nuisance. Either that or you times £62.45 by the number of weeks they owe you and that's the amount you'll recieve. You say you had a carer for 10 months, did they claim Carers Allowance for looking after you? Also have you be living alone or classed as living alone the whole time?

• Posted

No one can tell you when they'll process the payment either i'm afraid. All i know is that payments over a certain amount need to be actioned first before they're approved. This can take 3 + weeks maybe longer.

• Posted

If it helps, I had back pay of around £2500 for PIP and it didn’t have to be sent off. It was in my account within a week of the decision. I’m sure I read somewhere that the limit is around 3 or 4 thousand before it has to be sent off to be approved by another department. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.