SEA Assesment

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have just been told I need to go to an esa assessment and I am really worried I have anxiety and ptsd I have just been for pip assessment and was allowed to keep it going untill2020 now on the 1st February I have to go for an esa assessment and I know they are 2 completely different benifits but as I was awarded pip will that at least give me a chance of keeping my esa too ? My Dr and psychologist have told me I can't work but apparently that means nothing either I am extremely worried. Thanks anyone in advance who can help or who have been in a similar situation .

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lesley,

You're right PIP and ESA are 2 completely different benefits. For your PIP claim to help with your ESA claim, it will depend on the reasons your claiming ESA. You can take your assessment report from your last PIP claim to the ESA assessment with you (hopefully you have a copy of the report) this isn't the decision letter, it's much longer and more detailed that this. Before the assessment i would advice you to google ESA WRAG descriptors and Support Group descriptors and see which group you think you should be in. This will also explain to you how you get into either of the groups.

The assessment will be similar to PIP but ESA is based on the work you can do and not the work you can't do. You're right, it doesn't matter if your GP thinks you're not fit for work because it's what DWP decision maker thinks.

Remember to answer those questions with as much detail as possible and avoid simple yes and no answers.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.