Sea Buckthorn Capsules

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi, I have just been speaking to a lady in an health food store on the phone to see if she had got any Sea Buckthorn Capsules in. I told her I wanted them to help with my Vaginal Atrophy. She said they are a very popular product and a lot of women buy them for the same reason. She thought Fenugreek was no where near as popular and she had never heard of Peuraria Mirifica. Anyway I have since looked for the capsules on Amazon and EBay. But it struck me, I wouldn't know what strength to get or how many to take. Ideally I should have asked the lady in the shop about this but I didn't. Anyone any ideas? Thanks. Shirley

1 like, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Shirley, you've just reminded me - tomorrow Aldi have jars of organic coconut on sale for £3, so if anyone's using it for VA and want a bargain, get to your closest store:-)))
    • Posted

Ok thanks for telling me Chris. I will go and have a look. Aldi is only a 2 minute walk from here. :-)
    • Posted

In his enthusiasm my husband hot footed it up there today only to be told it's not in until tomorrow, but they said they had heard there's a lot of interest in it, so it's fingers crossed we all manage to get some:-)))
    • Posted

Yes fingers crossed we all get some Chris. Sorry your hubby had a wasted journey. :-)
  • Posted

Hi Shirley I got them from Amazon it tells you how many to take on the packet . They increase the mucus naturally relieving dryness so do vitamin e capsules . Hope this helps
    • Posted

Sorry I got Pharma Nord Omega 7 capsules as I researched on them and they came out best
    • Posted

Thanks Liz. I will go back to Amazon and have a look again. :-)
    • Posted

I also got mine on Amazon. I got Seabuckwonders because I saw a review and it said that the berries and seeds have different levels of the omegas and this make takes extracts from both the berries and seeds. It is the Omega 7 that is beneficial to the vagina - that is found in the berries? So, ideally we should be taking suppliments made from the berry extract. The bottle says to take 2-4 capsules per day. Each capsule contains 500mg sea buckthorn oil. That is 1000-2000mg (1-2g) per day. In the research study that found significant improvement in the condition of the vaginal wall cells the participants took 3g per day - so I do that and take 2 capsules 3 x a day (after meals). I have been doing this for some months and have noticed no adverse effects. I was taking Pharma Nord, but they are very expensive.
    • Posted

Sorry accidental "?". The omega 7 is found in the berries.
    • Posted

Thanks for that Suki girl. Will see if I can find those. That info is most helpful. :-)
    • Posted

Hi ..so I should take 500mg of sea buckthorn oil capsules 2-4 X each day and it helps with the thinning of the vag wall? Atrophy?

Is it working for you and is this all you are taking? What is Pharma Nord?

Is it like Etrace?

Thank you in advance! I really would like to find a natural answer to this before going on Etrace. I heard the Vit E could help too?

• Posted

Hi Marl I'm using vitamin e capsules vegetarian ones insert one every night for six weeks. I feel loads better . After the six weeks as and when you need them so I'm going for twice a week. It really lubricates and mends your insides. Give it a try I also took sea buckthorn as that's fab for increasing mucus down below. However it's all expensive so made s choice with but e. The other one to consider is slippery elm
    • Posted

Thanks so much for your reply. Do you puncture the vitamin E first?

Also, is there a brand you like? I didn't know they make vegitarian ones but I guess when I look I'll find them. Also, where I'm confused is with the sea buckthorn...do you mean you use the oil and apply topically, or do you take the vitamin by mouth? Or is it a tincture?

I'm going to get the vitamin E today thanks to you!

• Posted

No don't puncture them insert as is . Sea buckthorn I took by mouth. I've sent the suppliers name but it's being moderated I can't see a way to pm you?
    • Posted

Ok thank you so much. I'll pick up the Vit E capsules. I see that this site wont let the name of supplier of the Sea Buckthorn go through. I'll pick both vitamins up at a health food store, or I'll make sure it's a good brand name. How many SB vitamins a day do you take? one? Do you take every day for months and months?

Do you do this treatment indefinitely? Or once you were better you stop for a while? I just don't know if anyone on here is being seen by a integrative doctor who's monitoring this and can tell us?

• Posted

Hi marl the vitamin e begins with an S if you get my drift. I use vitamin e for six weeks every night. The sea buckthorn I only ever took two a day and I don't take them anymore can't afford both. Once the six weeks is up its trial and error twice a week or every other day it's how you feel. I have alternated with a rose oil and garlic capsule which is also good to keep thrush away. This is all done by using this site and all the ladies recommendations as the doctors sadly don't seem to have enough time to listen. Good luck keep posting
    • Posted

Ok... thanks Liz.

One more question..What Milligram of Vit E do you use? Do you use 400mg?

Same question with the Sea Buckthorn...

• Posted

Hi marl vitamin e 268 mg or 400 iu

Sea buckthorn 1000 mg

Tell me how you get on ?

• Posted

perfect and thanks..I'll pick this up..starting with the Vit E for 6 weeks and then I'll see. 

How I get on this site?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.