Sea Salt

Posted , 3 users are following.

Thanks Hanny and Deb. I haven't been diagnosed with LS just vaginal atrophy but I am sure that I might have a mild strain of it. Usually anal soreness and I have trouble with penetrative sex due to shrinkage. Take Vagifem for shrinkage and Hydromol for anal area. Was ok with the largest dilator yesterday, though left me bit sore today so need a couple of days break before trying again. I should go back to docs but already had gynae and dermatologist tell me I don't have LS. I am keeping an eye on things down below. Everyone's symptoms different and I do not have white patches but others who have been diagnosed haven't either. A confusing disease this one. Thanks for the info on sea salt. I am going on holiday where there is a saltwater swim pool, so I will see what happens with this.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello....after reading your post I have one maybe minor thing to say to you and that is about the white patches....personally I never had what could be described as patches, but rather just very pale, pale skin on both sides of vaginal opening. The color didn't stand out as completely white and distinctly shaped...it was just a much lighter shade than surrounding tissue. When I had my first checkup after a month of using Clobetasol the tissue was already a much darker shade of pink and just looked healthier. So make sure that maybe your skin in that area doesn't have paler places than the surrounding tissue instead of looking for distinct white patches. Well that is your bit of input for you. 😊
    • Posted

Sigh....I meant to say that is My bit of input for you....😯
  • Posted

Not LS.  That's a great outcome and worth celebrating.  Keep good care down below, I would suggest.  And enjoy your holiday in the saltwater swimming pool.
  • Posted

Thanks Patricia I will check for that. Thanks for your kind words Hanny
  • Posted

enjoy your holiday carmarie!

avoid stress...go easy on (preferably avoid altogether)  the grains and dairy, and keep well x

Oh and avoid GMO's....apparently - unless registered as organic - corn from the US is now fully GMO. Don't touch it... nor soy.The list goes on!

• Posted

Thanks for that. I have to eat yoghurt for my bones. I have a gluten free diet though.
    • Posted

oh well done on the glutenfree. apparently almonds are rich in calcium....way more than milk ....which is actually said not to have that much available calcium!!
    • Posted

Yes I eat nuts for calcium but I like milk on a cereal and usually only have one cup of tea per day with milk in it as drink green tea the rest of the time.. I don't think I have an intolerance to dairy food. I have enough trouble finding thnigs to eat in cafes now as bread in some shape or form is on the menu, Had gluten free bread yesterday in a cafe but I don't like it, it's too dry. Yoghurt is supposed to contain good bacteria so I cannot see the harm in eating it. I found I felt bloated after bread so stopped eating it. My bread maker is confined to a dark cupboard.
    • Posted

If of any help -  try to make your own bread.  Buckweat and such, add sunflower seeds, poppy seeds.  Makes a beautiful bread.  There are also ready made gluten free mixes that work in the bread maker.  
    • Posted

oh and the toaster???!! mine will go in a cupboard under the counter...or i may give it away!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.