Seana

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had an ESA f-f last year and was told that I qualify for it based on my diagnosis of psychosis ..she went on to say it would be dangerous for me and others if I was placed in a work environment .my ESA is grant u til the end of the year ..do you think it's common to have yet another f-f at that stage or will they just renew my ESA ....all replys very welcome

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Regulation 35 will have been the reason for you being placed in the Support Group.

When the time comes you will be sent more ESA50 forms to fill in and return, with all your evidence. Once these have been returned your file will then be sent to the assessment providers. They will then decide whether another face 2 face is needed, or you will simply have a paper based decision. No one can tell you whether or not you'll have another assessment unfortunately. They won't decide anything until you've sent those forms back. One good thing is you can't be found fit for work without an assessment.

I wouldn't worry about it until they time comes and you've had the ESA50 form.

• Posted

Thanks for your advice ...the thing that concerns me is when do you have to stop providing reports and drs letters on some illnesses which are long term .I find it very stressful because unfortunately benefits for me is level of life and I'm so grateful for it but if I didn't have it I don't know what would become of me .

• Posted

For those in the Support Group there was a new rule that came out last year BUT it won't apply to everyone sadly. If you fit the criteria and the criteria really is specific to certain conditions only and you have to tick ALL of those boxes to fit this criteria, then after your next re-assessment there's a chance you won't ever have to be re-assessed again. Until this happens then they will continue to re-assess you and everyone else. There's a lot of people that like yourself will never be able to work again but they won't all fit this criteria. Don't build your hopes up about fitting this criteria will not be easy. My advice to you is to relax until they send you that ESA50 form.

• Posted

Can I ask ..are you on benefits yourself or are you a benefits adviser . The reason I'm asking is your answers are quite knowledgeable and it's so hard to get advice in the current climate .?

• Posted

I'm 1 million percent not a benefits advicer and i've never worked for DWP. I simply claim benefits myself. All my knowledge comes from my own personnal research.

You're right, it's very hard to get the correct advice. I wouldn't knowingly advice anyone if i didn't think i was correct. I know how difficult and stressful it is claiming all of these benefits.

• Posted

Hi Denise ..I like the 1 million per cent ...I think the best advice is off people like ourselves who have had X amount of experience with ESA and DWP ... What law came into change last year regarding ESA and what are the specifics surrounding that make it harder for people to apply that route ..
    • Posted

Hi Denise

My mom was awarded ESA support group until Jan 2019 when do they send the ESA50 form will it be before her award ends in Jan next year or will it be after Jan next year?

Thought it might help others, so will it be before Jan 2019 or after Jan 2019?

• Posted

HI,

Who knows is the only answer i have for you Sarah, i'm afraid. With ESA they tend to send them out when they feel like kind of thing. Most people go over the time. I highly doubt it would be before that time. If she doesn't get a letter with another ESA50 form by that date then tell her not to worry, easier said than done i know. Backlogs for ESA usually delay the process.

For now tell her not to worry.

• Posted

I am due a reassessment too been on esa 18 months  but nothing as arrived yet the dreaded esa50 due this month !!!! Dwp may be behide but my advise to you is don’t worry  I keep a copy of a esa 50 and just update it and keep all evidence  support evidence from 18 months ago  and go to my go every month  to update my medical records t b h I do worry but nothing g as changed from 18 months ago in fact I am a lot worse in some areas but hey ho  be prepared  so you don’t get stressed when and if it comes  I know people that have been on esa for 4 years plus and never had a firm or nothing to fill in  

Denise

Why as dwp not sent a esa50  when my reassessment is due ? 

I am still u see the care of mental health team   C b t therapy awaiting op on more meds  so  can they find me fit for work when nothing as changed.  Just wish esa50 would come just to stop the worry 

Kind regards 

• Posted

Hi Happy,

I know it's stressful waiting but with ESA it really does depend on the backlog they have. Some people have not had an ESA50 form in over 4 years. It will arrive, sooner or later.

Yes, they can indeed find you fit for work even though nothing has changed for you, you say. You will need evidence to support your claim. I do believe that with ESA DWP state that each ESA50 form they send you is classed as a new claim. They do not take the previous award into consideration. Good luck when you do get it, in the meantime just chill because it will arrive soon enough.

• Posted

Hiya thanks for your reply .so in some cases it's a case of lucky dip as and when your called ..my condition (.,pyschosis )won't change and I just get annoyed that I have to provide the same information time and time again for an illness which your is with you permanent ..

• Posted

Thankyou  your input is much appreciate d  kind regards xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.