Searching for answers...

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi All. I'm 51 and I got gastroenteritis in December and straight after this i had a chest infection that then required antibiotics. My chest infection slowly improved but I remained breathless on exertion, fatigued with a cough. Blood results showed mild anaemia with an Hb of 12.6 (13.2 two weeks ago) Not really significant apparently and not low enough to be causing my symptoms according to GP. Lots of other bloods, chest x-ray and spriromtery have shown nothing. Now over two months since the chest infection resolved i continue to have fatigue, poor tolerance of exercise and breathlessness on exertion, odd but mild chest pains and now middle area back pain over the last two weeks. Cough has improved. I think it might be related to something that happened to me 8 years ago when i was last unwell for a long period. In 2012, I had periods of almost fainting and then tingling in hands and feet, palpitations, fatigue. I had lots of tests which found nothing. It took months to resolve and some of the symptoms returned (fatigue, tingling in hands, muscle twitching) almost on an annual basis but milder than the first set of symptoms. People thought it was 'just stress' - might be the case but i didn't feel stressed and my current symptoms appear to be linked to a recent virus. My GP doesn't think it is post fatigue syndrome because of breathlessness but i'm not so sure. Does anyone recognise this type of presentation? I don't have many of the symptoms described for ME/CFS but understand there is a broad range of ways people are affected. I would be grateful for any thoughts. Thank you!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.