Searching for words/phrases within our PMR forum?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has anyone figured how to do that?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Nope.  Google works better to find things in this forum - in fact that's how I found this forum in the first place.  Googled whether one could increase a pred dose, and next thing I knew, here I was!

• Posted

Anhaga, how can that be done? Just as an example - suppose I wanted to search the PMR forum for "toothache". How would you do that?

• Posted

Tested it.  Went to google search page (this is my default home page) typed in patient forum toothache and the first few items on the list were from this forum.  
  • Posted

And this forum has been so informative.  Even the doctors are unable to give the information we get from the people that are a part of the forum and using the different medications, side effects etc. etc.
    • Posted

Totally agree with his Poupe. Could not have coped without this forum and the advice and knowledge...let along experience...that is absolutely been invaluable for me. 
    • Posted

Poupe, if you read some of the articles and papers in the reference section, you will find that some of the Rheumies are dead wrong. I believe God gave us a brain and expect us to use it. 🙂

• Posted

As a computer nerd from way back, I've just tried searching the entire Patient site using its search-box with some success!

The obvious strategy of enclosing a search string in quotes does not work, e.g. "split dose".  However Boolean searches do work, e.g. (split OR divided) AND dose AND PMR AND NOT CGA.  The search works even if the Boolean operators - AND, OR and NOT - are typed in lower case.

Therefore, use AND, OR and NOT - with brackets as required - to search for the words you wish to find.  Best of luck.

• Posted

Good grief.  Considering the effort made some months ago to give us a "fresh look" you'd have thought it might be more productive to have devoted the time, effort and expense to freshening up the search function to make it more useful.  I worked in a public library for many years and it was quite early on that we were able to eliminate the use of those linking words....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.