Seasonal Trigger for MD?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've had MD for over 15 years and have noticed that I get attacks between February and May.  I've asked my ENT about allergies triggering attacks, but I never get a straight answer.  Anyone else notice a pattern based on seasons?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I absolutely do, allergy season and stress are my 2 biggest triggers.  My Immunologists also believes it can trigger it.  
  • Posted

Yes, definitely. I get mine around September- October. Fall is a killer.....beautiful season but none the less a killer for me.
  • Posted

at least 50% of meniere's disease patients also have either allergies or non allergic rhinitis.  In my case non allergic rhinitis caused my bilateral MD.  I suggest you see an allergist ASAP.  They likely will recommend testing for allergies and  put you on a nasal antihistamine/steroid inhaler.  They also will suggest you use a salt water nasal cleanse prior to using the inhaler.  I've been most successful in avoiding my seasonal triggers by using this protocol.  Good luck

• Posted

Tanney

Thanks for the info. I'll give this a try. Weird that the 5 or so ENT s I've been to never mention an allergy connection, but I definitely think there's a connection.

Thanks

Dave

• Posted

I find it sad that many ENT do not know a lot about mennieres...it doesn't make them bad doctors as they have so many things to keep up with.....even my ENT lets me know that at times he listens to what I say and follows up on it and can learn form those of us who are so in one with our bodies......Each of us react different...thats the hard part about MD......if you have an ent that talks in specifics find a new one.....this syndrome is not specific to any of us....some of us get dizzy with too much salt or too much sugar or not enough sleep or not enough exercise or too much exercise......thank God for this forum.......yes allergies can wreak havoc as it all runs thru the sinususes and at least for me clogged sinus messes me up...I use a sinugator almost daily and Flonase when I feel the need....the sinugator will feel funny at first but give it time...it keeps the sinuses clean and moist and fresh.....watch this forum and you can learn a lot and then adapt what works for you.....

To dizzy free days for all!!

• Posted

Most definitely yes! At least for me, that is. I have nonallergic rhinitis and terrible nasal congestion -- and they both definitely wreak havoc. I use my Netipot four times a day and also use Nasacort daily. Couldn't live without my Netipot.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.