Sebaceous Cyst on Penis

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm 25 and have a sebaceous cyst on the shaft of my penis, which my dr has referred for me to get removed. Can anyone give me a detailed account of the procedure and recovery?

What does the procedure involve, where does the local anesthetic get injected, did it hurt, how long was the procedure? Was their stitches? How was the recovery, were there problems with the stitches in that area with erections? How long did it take to heal? How long were u "out of action" was there any scarring? A lot of questions I know, but any info is appreciated.

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

One week later, I went back to get dressing taken off, and DR got the top dressing off and then decided to leave the bottom layer on as it was pretty well stuck on, and felt like it was starting to pull apart the area the stitches had been holding together when he tried to remove it. He said the other dressing will come off in its own time. He said once that comes off to put a strip of some other dressing on, and once that comes off it should be fine. He thinks it is half way healed already, not sure how he came to that conclusion when he couldn't see through the dressing.

He said the internal anchor stitches will take at least another 5 weeks to dissolve so I will be able to feel them under the skin for a while yet. I can't feel them now thou due to the dressing staying on. Due to some of the horror stories I've read about internal stitches not dissolving I asked that they would def 100% dissolve and he said yes, but I maybe feel a small bit of scar tissue under the skin when they go. I said I didn't want to trade one lump for another and he said that if there was a small bump to massage it or "use it", it being my penis. Lol. I'm not sure how that helps but will def give it a go. Hopefully it all heals without any drama - in 5 weeks time.

He said no "contact sport" for another 3 weeks, I think he was meaning sex but wanted to sound polite.

Got erect a couple of times in the past few days, and stitches actually didn't feel like splitting and wasn't painful, so maybe they have some element of stretch to them. Dr didn't mention anything about this, he is a plastic surgeon that said he doesn't have much experience dealing with cysts on penis' so I'm not sure if he knew what sort of information would be handy or not.

• Posted

Hi Michael I had a very similar surgery to the one you had by the sounds of it. Just wondering how you are now?, and how the healing process went? K
    • Posted

Hi Kieran - sorry for the late response, all is fine now, scar is barely noticeable. Takes longer than I expected to get to this point thou. Id say you are out of action for about 2 months and then the scar goes away over the course of about 6 months. How did you go with your surgery and reovery?
    • Posted

Hey Michael I am thinking to go through similar surgery but I am wondering that does it effect the sex life at all, like erection issues and problems in having kids etc.

Your response will greatly help to make a decision before the surgery.

Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.