Seborrhoeic Dermatitis, chronic fatigue, hypothyroid, allergies

Posted , 1 user is following.

I'd like to share the way I healed from my seborrhoeic dermatitis. At first it was not visible because hidden under my clothes but after a few years it started to be visible in my hair and on my face. It was itching so much that I scratched and bled. It was embarrassing because I got more and more red spots on the face. I visited 5 different doctors. The first ones treated me with cortisone but it came back as soon as I stopped. I knew cortisone wasn't good, so I kept looking for other solutions. One of the last doctors I saw gave me a special day cream for highly sensitive skin with eczema. It helped but I was only treating the symptom and not the cause because every time I stopped it directly came back. It was also still visible and I wasn't sure that using this cream on my face for the rest of my life would really be healthy. The last dermatologist I saw was also immunologist. She said I ate too acid. I didn't know what it meant. I thought I ate well because I didn't drink alcohol, I only had good food with some vegetables, fruits and preservatives/additives free. So she adviced me some books to read and said I should try to eat dairies and gluten free for 3 months. I would then see how it evolves. I have to say I never went back because this woman literally saved my life. It disappeared progressively. My family doctor also adviced me to be careful with sugar and to avoid it before 4 p.m. It was much harder for me to quit sugar and I have done it slowly but certainly. It was such an addiction that it took me over a year to completely stop it. My seborrhoeic dermatitis has now completely disappeared. I also healed from other auto-immune diseases : hypothyroidism, chronic fatigue and allergies. I've read a lot about 'how to eat less acid'. I would say living food is the closest food style of my new way of eating. I also exercise enough, pay attention to the air I breathe and have treated a "terminal constipation" (I'm not quite sure of this translation from French). I read once on a forum : if you have one, two or more auto immune disorders, consider them all as symptoms of one and single immunity problem. And your gut is the place where it all starts with your immunity. Your lifestyle will impact it also (exercise, air you breathe and so on). I'm still solving gut problems linked to a dysbiosis and a porous intestine, the underlying cause being a lack of enzyme which do not enable the food to be transformed into nutrients. I hope this will help at least one person. One last advice could be : seek nutritional advices from a naturopath. It helped me a lot. As your body will always try to restore its balance itself using different ways that you can sometimes feel through symptoms, I'd say : try to follow what it makes you feel. I personally pay attention to it and am sensitive enough to identify what's good or bad for me.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.