Second Angiogram

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone - really stressing as hubby's second angiogram is happening in a weeks time to put in two more stents in 50% blocked arteries. Problem is first time round his heart stopped for 47 seconds during first procedure to unblock the worst blockage - really worried this might happen again. Hospital of course are well aware of this and have said they will be very cautious theses things happen etc ! What I would like to know is how will they stop this happening again and if it does will he be ok - we are dreading it and he is very very worried obviously , I know he will be in a safe environment etc but it's still a frightening thought - is there anything different they would do to stop this happening again as they don't seem that concerned, unlike us.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

You should consider chelation treatments.  They are designed to clean out the arteries.  You will have to find a Doctor of Natural Medicine (Natropath)to do that.  I have it done and I know many other people who have it done.  And of course insurance does not pay for it.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply although I don't believe it's the right path for us here in the UK, also I have read that it can be dangerous and actually unproven . All we want is for this not to happen again .
  • Posted

Hi Lou,

​Sadly and unfortunately these kind of things happen but as you have said he will be in a well equipped place to deal with this kind of emergency if it did occur again, I have my fingers crossed for you both.

​They won't stent my coronary artery as they say mine is only a baby blockage 50-60% blocked and that they don't make stents that big,Obviously hubbies blocked arteries are more advanced than mine for them to stent at 50%, this makes me wonder if my cardiologist was telling the truth about not making stents big enough for a 50-60% blockage ?, closer to 60% one doctor told me I haven't had an angiogram  in 3 years now, they were treating it medically but I can't tolerate any kind of Statins and I was taken off the last lot a day after they found the blockage, apart from diet and exercise that's the only way it is being managed, but I think it actually might be getting worse as the year goes on.

​I fully understand you and hubbies concerns but it in itself is a life saving procedure and unfortunately comes with risks, but after all he will be with a team of trained professionals that will have his best interest in the back of their minds, my thoughts and prayers go out to both of you for a successful un event full procedure.... All the best.

• Posted

Thank you for reply , yum yes it does make you wonder doesn't it when you read one persons experience similar to your own and yet different cardiologists have their own way of doing things for their patients, everyone is different I suppose and people react in different ways to certain procedures. Hubby's first stent was put in a 90% blocked artery , then they needed to do a series of chest compressions - we were and still are in shock from that, also he had a 'brain stem event' - he has recovered but is still having chest pain plus radiating back pain also, along with random dizziness and breathlessness. Shame as he's only 51 and previously fit, muscular non smoker or drinker, so there you have it , it happens. Thank you for your kind words and prayers and of course we hope for all the very best for you aswell, many thanks and take care.
    • Posted

whoops silly iPad spelt ' yum ' instead of something else, sorry I should have read it properly before I pressed reply !
    • Posted

Yes it does make you wonder with the medical profession, I have 2 cardiologists saying "Yes" you do have Prinzmetal angina and one is trying to tell me that it's more likely "nerve pain" "Muscular pain"  because I use to suffer panic/anxiety up until about 3 years ago.

​Yes I get random dizziness, in the last couple of months it's been more pronounced, It just comes out of the blue, even the shortness of breath, although I get that when I'm having an angina attack as well, the shortness of breath. I'm only 49, be 50 in a few weeks, I had my first mild heart attack at the age of 46 but I have had these spasms since I was around 30 but a complete diagnosis wasn't made up until about 4 years ago. My original cardiologist did tell me straight off the bat after all tests were fine back then when I was around 30, that what was happening was the small blood vessels(naked to the eye and angiogram) inside the heart were going into spasms causing all the chest pain.

• Posted

Thank you for reply - I'm hardly surprised you suffered from anxiety/panic with all that you have been through, how awful, I hpoe you have some good support around you as its a massive thing. I have actually had anxiety myself over all this worry, it's so hard to cope with - GP put me on Sertraline to help with all the stress but they actually made me worse so had to stop, it's a big thing to get your head round. . . . . . After hubby was discharged he had to go back into hospital again as the chest pains were so bad afterwards, they rescanned heart and did chest x Ray - results were that he had had a heart attack as heart wall damaged, but they couldn't say when. Now we are wondering if it was when the heart actually stopped or if it was before when he had a few bad bouts of pain - but we have to remain positive as all the team at the hospital are actually fantastic, very supportive and kind - they do a brilliant job and are always very reassuring, so yes we have to rest assured that all will be well. Less than a week to go and be so glad when it's all over. Will keep you updated.
    • Posted

Hi lou,

​Actually belive it or not...lol...my panic/ anxiety was caused by a copperhead snake bite whilst out hunting, I can't take any kind depression medication (it's also used to treat anxiety as you know, but I don't think it works well with anxiety) It worsens ,well it did, as I said I haven't had a panic attack in 3 years, they use to make my panic worse, felt boxed in and had self harm/suicidal or wanting to inflict harm on others thoughts with them all

​I bet you will be glad it's all over, when all goes well, I'm sure you will feel all the weight being lifted off both you and hubbies shoulders.

• Posted

Hi Lou

I really do feel for you both and can understand your distress, it's something that's out of your hands which you have no control over, you can only take reassurance that if anything does happen your hubby is in the right place. I know that's difficult, I should imagine the medical team will be watching him like a hawk throughout the procedure, more so because of what happened previously.

Keep popping on here and posting when you need to, even if it's just for some support and keep us posted how things are going.

Wishing you & hubby the very best xx

• Posted

Sorry Lou, I meant to say *and please keep us posted how things are going xx
    • Posted

Thank you very much - yes you're absoloutly right, it's because it's out of your control and you have no control, that's what makes the panic happen. Phew have to stay calm myself and stay as strong as I can for him. . . .as I said though the hospital team are amazing , very reassuring and calm so will hold it all together and trust in their brilliance. Will keep you updated, six days to go. Take care and thanks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.