Second Gardasil shot less than two weeks later- am I at risk of infection?

Posted , 2 users are following.

First off, sorry if this is the wrong section to post in. 

I'm really nervous. Less than two weeks ago I got a Gardasil vaccine and my doc said I have to come back in a month for a second. Anyway, I just went back today for something else and while I was there she said, "Oh, you need your second Garsasil shot too". I knew it was too early but I stupidly didn't say anything cause I didn't want to question her.

Well anyway, I looked it up online and I see that you're supposed to wait two weeks MINIMUM for the second shot, and know I'm freaking out the virus by be strong enough to infect me. Can I get any information on my risk? Thanks guys. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Probably should've mentioned that Im worried about the risk of being infected with HPV, which is connected to Gardasil obviously. 

• Posted

Also, its a maximum wait of 4 weeks, not 2, that was a typo. Sorry.
  • Posted

Good evening.  First of all I would get another doctor.  Because they don't know what they are doing.  I did some searching and I want on 3 site and all said the same thing.  It is given in a series of 3 injection.  The second shot is to be given 2 month's after the first and the last shot is to be given 6 month's after the first.  If I were you I would watch for side effects...Hives, trouble breathing and swelling of the face, lips, tongue and throat.  It does also say that a overdose is unlikely.  But I would call that doctor and tell them what they did.  And do not go in until its 6 month's  Good luck  I hope this helps  Ken  

• Posted

Thanks for the response. Do you think theres any chance of me getting HPV from this though? Thats what im most worried about.
    • Posted

Hello I just read a few again to check they say nothing about if you can get HPV from the injection.  They just say look for side effects.  That care  Ken   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.