Second injury from vicious coughing.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi , my bronchiectasis has been worse for the last several years. I have been on steroids and antibiotics for years now. My cough has worsened so much that hurt my back and had to take an x-ray that didn't show much and took an MRI this morning. 

?I get the results in a day or two and doctors keep asking me if I fell.Has anyone had this problem ? I am on Fosamax and calcium supplements.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi.....  Ive  had mine for 11yrs.. coughing getting worst too.   Now I have osteoporosis because of the steroid puffer among one thing that has contributed.  I only take antibiotics when a get a cold (knock on wood)    I take calcium and Fosamax.    My coughing is the worst from before dinner to bed time (no idea whY)   I take cold meds ,one tablet seems to help easy the coughing and dry my lungs up a bit.   Just a no-name brand cold & sinus.          I'm on Symicort  morning and nite and Spiriva a lunch time..     Hope u feel better.    You probably just pulled the muscles from coughing so hard :-(  been there done that.    

• Posted

I do not cough before 2-3:30 p.m., pretty much ever. Part of how I got so bad: virtually all clinic appointments in 15 years have been in the morning.
  • Posted

Just received the results of my MRI that revealed I have a new small compression in L3. This is the result of taking steroids for so many years. My GP is going to look for an alternate medication . He also suggest that I start exercising when I can. Vitamins  C and D are Ok in blood test. Now I think I have a sinus infection from allergies .
    • Posted

Well rats, Carol, on that compression in your lower back. I don't know your age, but when I was younger I brought myself out of osteoporosis with a combo of extra calcium, walking, and lifting 1 - 3 lb weights. I hope & pray the same works for you.

• Posted

Me too Carol17480

I have strained muscles with the severe coughing fits 😕 x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.