Second nasal surgery in a year.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys. 

I hope someone can help. Ive had problems with a postnatal drip since I was a child, and since I can remember I havent been able to breath out of my nose. 

Doctors put me on antihistamines and countless sprays. None of which helped! I finally went to see a ENT doctor and had a CT scan. They then pushed me to have an operation which was done relatively quickly. I am now due my second operation of polyp removal a few months after my last - as I had another CT scan showing no space for air at all... 

I literally cannot blow my nose. I have a constant headache and I am constantly swallowing mucus. 

If my nose drips it comes out green... 

More than anything, I cannot sleep! I wake up every 15mins. And I am just so so so drained. 

Doctors havent done any tests on me... Should I be looking at getting any tests done other than a CT? 

I am going for surgery next week and would like to not have to have this done again! 

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Are you sure this is where you wanted to post? This is Alternative medicine which doesn't seem the right place for you at present.

Can't help I'm afraid - but I think the CT will have shown them a problem and they are working on it. It's hard I know but patience until after this surgery has healed. If the sinus is blocked with polyps they need removing for a start. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.