Second opinion?!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Saw cardiologist yesterday, first time in about 5 months. Only got a letter saying my echo results but was in sinus tachycardia which isn't unusual. I told him my symptoms etc and said from the results of my 48 holter (came up AFib again) I experienced symptoms when I wasn't in AFib, so he basically said it's in my head because I'm very aware of my heart beat. As much as I am relieved, I still think he's just fobbing me off. He's completely discharged me and put me on another beta blocker which is a longer time or something and that he's referring me back to the doctors.

I'm not really sure what to think at the moment, is this the right decision on his behalf? Not sure if I should get a second opinion..

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

If it helps you to know - I get symptoms very much like when I am in AF when I am not in AF and they also think it the brain sending out the wrong messages and I am very hypersenstive to what is going on in my body.   I do not disagree.    Having said that I also know when I am in AF and when I am not in AF but it does puzzle me what is going on when those wrong messages are being sent out.   It often feels like AF 'brewing' but I have learnt to just carry on regardless.     To 'us' our symptoms seem relevant but to consultant they don't appear to be or that is how I feel anyway.     I find I never get what I expect at a consultation and it takes a few days to digest.     Are you on other drugs a part from the BB  - only ask because there are early signs that I am much better OFF Apixiban. 

• Posted

Dear XoMonkey

Always get a second opinion if your doubtful of the information you have been given. I can think of nothing worst than constantly thinking have I been lied to or fobbed off. Beta blockers are so strong so get on the phone and make that call. Good luck Therapy Girl

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.