Second opinion

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am having a lot of MS symptoms over the past 5+ years. I had a scary episode about 5 years ago where my right arm and right side of my face went completely numb, it was like I had been to the dentist. I went to the ER and they di d an MRI. Iwas told I had signs of MS from the MRI. A nuerologist saw me weeks later and said I was too old for MS and he said the lesions that showed up on the MRI were probably just from old age. I was 55 then, now I'm 60.

Fast forward now. Here are the symptoms I have had since the MRI. My legs go numb and it's difficult to walk. Usually one leg at at time for only about 10-20minutes. I get terrible double vision about twice a week. Some mornings I awake with a black spot in the middle of my vision. I feel like I'm standing on ice when on a flat surface sometimes. I get these spasms in my arms and legs, feels like a short electrical charge. Sometimes I get this feeling in my whole body. Short term Memory loss is a problem. I cannot empty my bladder. I feel like urinating five minutes after I go. I usually go 6 or 7 times a night. I get sparkles in my vision when I go from a bright to dark environment. Chronic pain in my ribcage, but I've had this for 25 years. My feet sometimes drag a little and I trip easily on small items. Had several falls. I fall out of bed often.

Should I get a second opinion?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

First, you did not mention if you are getting any treatment for MS. There is no cure but medications are available to reduce flare ups.

If not you need a second opinion from a neurologist and see if this will be considered.

You gave great details but consider a written log to show a doctor of all episodes. Getting a diagnosis is necessary for treatment. This varies in different countires due to health plans.

There are other possibilies for symptoms like these and with MS most doctors will test to rule them out. That would also be helpful.

MS is not simple to diagnose.

Wish you the very best and hope you get answers. Seeing a Urologist for treatment and testing could help alot.

Jeri

• Posted

Ok what a load of nonsense your neurologist said

I have ms and my mum did too, she had mild symptoms for years but I lived away and so didn't realize. My mum got diagnosed properly in her seventies just a few years ago. She told me her symptoms but by but and I made her gintonthe Dr and tell them her daughter has ms and says her symptoms are same, he was horrid but did refer her and she got tested and got a diagnosis. Don't let a neurologist say that to you. People can have ms for years and no know. Ask for a new neurologist. My first one was nasty too the first time. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.