Second opinion colonoscopy

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 32. I go in tomorrow for my second colonoscopy in the last two years. I’ve had blood when I go to the bathroom off and on for two years. I’ve also had a change in my stool. I had a ct scan when the bleeding first began and also another one 10 months ago. Both were clear. Last colonoscopy was clear for everything. No polpys, ulcers, etc. Biopsies were also clear. No explaination for the change in stool or blood. After 2 years of still bleeding I decided to ask for a second option. I have SEVERE anxiety and am so worried I will wake up tomorrow and be told I have colon cancer. Can anyone please shed some light? I would greatly appreciated it. My stomach is in knots and I’ve been crying off and on all day. 😢

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Candi-If you had bowel cancer it would have been picked up on first colonoscopy-

It maybe you have haemorrhoids or some other problem that is causing the bleeding.

I had the 'camera' some time ago- and they did find something but it had been there for a while before found.

I know it is very hard to keep positive- but you will be fine - 

Try to be less anxious (I know it is hard not to be.)

Good Luck -your news may not be as bad as you think.

Susan

• Posted

Thank you very much for your reply Susan. If you don’t mind me asking what did they find with the camera?
    • Posted

A tumour -which they removed in Feb 2015-am hopefully cured now -will have the camera again next Dec 2019-to complete the treatment -(have to have 5 clear years after bowel cancer surgery).

cancer is in my family-father had it-so did brother-(father survived)! I hope to do the same!

Good wishes

Susan

• Posted

If you have had these symptoms for two years, and it was cancer, don't you think it would have spread by now, you would be f****d up. Other symptoms would be apparent. That is how I would look at this.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. I do have symptoms though. Such as pain in my stomach and back, gas pressure, blood tests show elevated Neutrophils for the last 2 years. I also have days at a time of loose stool along with mucus. So I’m not symptom free and just bleeding. I’d be less worried if that were the case.
  • Posted

I've had occasional bleeding and had a colonoscopy a few months ago. Nothing was found. The bleeding is likely a hemorrhoid or fissure. If you've had scans and scopes all clear then you do not have colon cancer.

• Posted

Was your blood just when wiping or in the toilet as well? Mine is in the toilet and enough to change the toilet water red. I also have loose stool for days at a time prior to the bleeding. And perhaps what worries me as well is I have had elevated Neutrophils for 2 years. Since the beginning of all this. I really appreciate you replying.
    • Posted

I've had both from time to time. Not even a hemmroid was found during my colonoscopy. I was also very concerned but i was fully awake for my colonoscopy and saw that it was perfectly clear so I believe those results and you should too.

• Posted

Candi

As a former bowel cancer patient information agree with the other comments that you have a set of extremely positive results.

When I was diagnosed I had bleeding and they found a cancerous polyp, you have no evidence of that in all the time you've had the problem.

What and where is the bleeding?

• Posted

Candi I'm not saying you have cancer but I'm getting ready to have a capsule endoscopy where you swallow the camera blood in the toilet instead of on the paper is worrisome my doctor said colonoscopy can't get to things way up in the small bowel so if your symptoms persist with a clear scope I would ask about the capsule I wish you luck and positive vibes

• Posted

Hey! Hang in there. My anxiety of colon cancer is really bad. It eats me alive. I dont have any bleeding but I have fatigue and thin stools and some (5 lbs) weight loss. I worry bc of my health but I think anxiety kills me. Hang in there

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.