Second outbreak...Help with pain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got diagnosed with hsv2 6 months ago,when I had my very first outbreak..About 2 days ago I had a blister appear and it stung,but not nearly as bad as my first one. I haven't gotten anymore that are visible at the moment but I am feeling a stinging sore sensation in one spot..I haven't taken my medication in a few weeks until yesterday,when I got my refill of acyclivor 800mg..I go back to work tomorrow from being off for two days and just want to be prepared in case this gets worse. I'm a kitchen worker and I'm walking and bending throughout the day for 8 hours and I know it can get very painful. Any suggestion's about how to relieve the pain?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It probably won't get any worse than what you've described, so if it's currently bearable, you'll be fine. You can apply topical acyclovir cream to help speed up healing.

• Posted

Is that a prescribed cream and how's the oral meds for you...have you had any problems with taking them in the beginning or now?

• Posted

The cream should be readily available without a prescription, as it's just for oral cold sores, but works on genital lesions as well. I don't really take the oral meds, so can't say, but most people don't have any issues, or if so, only minor. The oral meds are generally well tolerated.

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear this and I wish I could be of some help to you but I'm new to this. Although im not a kitchen worker I too am walking, bending, sitting and standing through my job as a infant teacher so I understand the pain and would love to know what's best for this situation. I will keep you in my prayers.

• Posted

I'm on my first outbreak and finding things really difficult, it took me two days after I slept with someone to get herpes which wasn't long ago at all. I can't bare to pass urine so they fitted a catheter as I was screaming in pain. I have a little boy who's over 7 months old so I'm constantly up and down bending over running around making bottles and so on. I'm absolutely dreading a second outbreak as I've had this for more than a week. I'm scared actually. So if you have any advice about your first one and if you let me know how your second one goes that would be great? Not much advice I can give as I'm not handling this well at all. Forever crying! Hope things get better and easier for you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.