Second repair

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I've just ha d a second posterior repair , I seem to still have a cystocele though. That was also repairs Nov 2018. I know it is only 8 days since I had the op, but feeling more tired than last time an d more uncomfortable/sore etc. Also getting lower back spasms.Has anyone else had those symptoms after a second repair. I m really feeling rough- emotional too 😦 Any advice, comments w would be gratefully received. Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you are feeling down.I had 1st post repair 4 yrs ago. Then went back after it failed 2yrs later.Same gynaecologist did a utero sacral ligament suspension to lift up to try to take pressure off and try to ease rectocele. That lasted only a few months. So researched madly for a. good urogynaecologist. 6wks ago had a another post repair and anterior repair for cystocele which appeared in summer.So far so good .Am 69. How old are you? It is v early days yet for you. I only started feeling better after 4wks.Hang in there it WILL get better.

• Posted

Hi Anne, thank you f or your reply.I'm 62 and had my first lot of surgery 13 months ago. I guess I didn't look a after myself as well as I should have. 😦 Good luck in your continued recovery X

• Posted

hi, so sorry to hear this is your second go around, can you share what you think brought on the second prolapse. I have such a fear of reoccurrence, I'd like to learn from yours and others opinion of the cause to avoid doing the same thing, thank you

• Posted

Hi Yanet, I think it happened because I didn't look after myself properly after surgery.I'm determined this time to do the right thing, listen to my body and follow all the advice I've been given e.g. rest, no heavy lifting, not rushing back to work etc. What surgery have you had? X

• Posted

I didnt realize how major these surgeries are. I think it's normal to feel tired no matter how many operations you have. Just try and take care of yourself. How did you know the first op failed? I'm 5 weeks post hysterectomy and rectocele repair. Did you still have a big clump of tissue inside after the repair? I got sick and have been coughing. I think I might have ruined the repair. Dont see the doctor again until January 7th.

• Posted

hi Sandra, thanks for your imput about what may have caused the need for a second repair. I have 8 weeks off work, but am a busy hairstylist, so I'm concerned about being on my feet for hours, and the stooping positions I have to be in working on clients, ect. I'm 5 1/2 weeks post-op, trying to move around more at home, feeling my way as to what I comfortably can and can't do, definitely not stooping to the floor, or down to pet my cats. I've cautioned my clients that I'm not going to be working my usual hrs for awhile. My first 2 weeks were a nightmare, and I can't imagine having to go thru this again, I'm still numb on my left side of lady parts & butt, hoping they wake up soon. Again thank you for sharing your experience, & what you would do different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.