Second round of antibiotics didn’t work, any tips?

Posted , 4 users are following.

So probably about a month and a half ago i was told for the first time i had BV, took the antibotic prescribed and it came back about a week later. Went to my doctor at home (i had previously seen one at college -both did swap tests so i know theyre correct about the cause and i have been std tested) and she prescribed a second round (metronidazole both times) and with about two days left it i began to feel irritation again. Called and now have the gel version, i cant start it yet because of my period and im hoping it works. my irritation and such is lower than the first time for sure but still there, i was wondering if anybody has any additional tips i could do to help clear this? luckily i havent had sent issues and the discharge was only bad the first time. i did buy a womens probiotic as well. my doctor said to come in for a follow up if this doesnt clear it and i think im gonna go in even if the symptoms go away to make sure. i also heard putting plain yogurt down there could help? open to any tips!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

clindamycin vaginal cream on prescription got rid of mine after 4 years of suffering and metronidiazole did nothing i took it for 6 months it just gave me yeast infection an the bv kept coming back after i treated the yeast

• Posted

i got offered the metrogel but i declined as the tablets didnt work i read the reviews online and didnt sound promising be careful using it if thats wat they gave u because it causes really bad yeast

• Posted

dont wear thongs or use tampons use pads and cotton big knickers dont use no soap down there use a mild baby bath or soap take an oral probiotic one for vaginal flora for yeast and bv i took them for 6 months after using the clindamycin cream and hvnt had a problem since

• Posted

they did give gel version ugh, maybe i'll call and ask about that cream? image this is the list of whats in the probiotic i just bought to start taking. i also read really good reviews about boric acid and found one im considering ordering that had great reviews for helping with BV and yeast on amazon. its def much better than when i first got the BV but ive heard so many horror stories it not going away yet is scaring me! i dont even want to try the gel they gave me now, my period should be starting tomorrow anyway and they told me to wait till it ended to begin it, so maybe i will call and ask for that cream instead.

• Posted

i got offered the gel version but after reading reviews and the tablets not working i decided to try a cream instead and i got instant relief so much so the next day it had gone no smell nothing and that was only after one application i used it for 7 nights before bed

• Posted

ok! do you think if i called and told my doctor my concerns with the gel and that id prefer the cream she'd be willing to call that in? i dont wanna risk even trying the gel but shes already called it in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.