Second Stage at last

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi hippies. Well I am due to have my spacer replaced with a proper hip joint tomorrow. I can't wait!! Old joint was removed on 23rd March and this saga, since the joint infection was diagnosed will have taken 9 months.

So all being well I will be a hippie once again.

My poor wife, who is not a morning person, has to get me to the hospital by 7.00. I always think it's worse for our partners than for us. Sure we have a bit of pain and crutches are a nuisance but they have to take on a lot and get little sympathy

Mike

2 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Dear Mike

That is such good news. I wish you all the very best on your second stage.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Thanks Richard,

I'll try not to fall out of my transport on the way homebiggrin (Since it's a mini getting in may be harder than falling out)

cheers

Mike

• Posted

Oh, ha,ha Mike! Try not to dislocate your new joint on the way home which would be worse than the bruising I suffered!

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Richard

All seems to have gone well. The only negative was that my neighbour in recovery was complaining all night so the rest of us didn't get too much sleep. I had a similar problem after the first stage. But my ward companions seem ok so I can catch up tonight.

Mike

• Posted

Mike get Hospital transport home. I had to and I've got a focus. Good luck xx

• Posted

Desr Auniebeanie

Thanks for your concern. The mini clubman is surprisingly not too bad. It's the old 2 and a half door model so the doors are big. I've been getting on an out of it for 4 months with just a spacer which I imagine would dislocate quite easily. But I will be careful, don't worry.

Mike

• Posted

hi michael, 

good luck today ... looking forward to your first post-op post !!!

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Wishing you all the best with the surgery, Michael, after having the infection and spacer. What a trial - both for you and for your wife. My husband was SO wonderful to me throughout my various surgeries and recoveries, and our caretakers do deserve a lot of credit!

It will be such a relief to you have a strong, new hip joint. Can't wait to hear how you are doing after the operation!

• Posted

Annie

Thanks for your good wishes. All seems to have gone well and, subject to confirmation, the infection has gone.

I may have to stay in over the weekend but will find out tomorrow.

Mike

• Posted

Hi Michael, really pleased that it seems to have gone well. All the best, Judith

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.