Second successful cardio

Posted , 6 users are following.

just had my second cardio version today , the first lasted 4 days short of 2 years , I continued on meds including bisoparol , today the on the second conversion  I'm told I have to come off it completely , I have only been on a very low dose but I'm worried I'm going to go back into AF again . 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Coming off a low dose of bisparolol after cardioversion was the reason, I believe, I went back into af following cardioversion.  After my next cardioversion I am being prescribed a dose I should remain on hopefully to reduce my maximum hr, to avoid slipping again into af.
    • Posted

I went back into AFib fairly soon after two cardioversions and two ablations over a period, and was on Bisoprolol throughout - intermittent or paroxsysmal AFib is a lottery and entirely unpredictable from person to person.  It is a strange condition too, with triggers which also vary - sometimes weird ones - like whenever I awoke from an armchair snooze I could guarantee I came to with a start and off it went!   Only Flecainide was sometimes of help in restoring a regular beat.  In my own case, I elected to come off Bisoprolol after emergency pacemaker placement, which was at 10 mg by then.  I just said no more of it thankyou and just stopped and the cardiologist didn't warn me of any dangers in doing it, but said it was my choice.  In the event, I had no side effects from doing that, but I am well aware only from this thread, that it is not like that for others.  Give it a try is the only advice really, but if there are precautions like those detailed here, then it is a good idea to follow these just in case.

• Posted

Hi , AF is a lottery , I'm 5 days on and I have so much more energy , night time is still the worst I feel my heart thump rather than beat ,I'm hoping I get a good run again , you certainly had a rough time of it x

• Posted

Hi , yeah that's my worry , because I have heard that so my times on here , can they nit prescribed the biso now instead of waiting ? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.