Second time. :-(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey folks.

Was on here a few weeks back talking about quitting codeine via tapering. It started very well, I cut down to the lowest ever, got a tooth extracted and ended up right back to where I was. Sickened.

I realised what helped me the most last time was this very forum and knowing other people were going through it.

I was so excited about quitting.

I'm maybe posting this to myself, I feel like writing it down helps. This weekend and onwards, I plan on cutting down to nearly half of my dose. Letting that set in, then lowering again quickly. Within two weeks being done.

Here we go folks. If i manage, ill detail exactly what I did.

Have a good new year guys! Be safed!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sinky. I ended up addicted in the exact same way- wisdom tooth extraction. I managed to get off codeine last March purely because I got appendicitis which landed me in hospital for a month and I told the doctors and nurses not to give me any codeine. However, for some absolutely ridiculous reason I started taking them again and now I'm back to where I was. How stupid am i. Now I have to go through it all again and I'm terrified. The anxiety is horrendous along with the physical pain. I have an appointment with the doctor next week so I may have to bite the bullet and reveal all (even though I told the doctor last February and they did literally nothing). I'm hoping they will give me something to help ease the withdrawals. I will be so proud of myself if I get off these tablets. You are definitely not alone in this.

• Posted

Hi Sinky. I’m new to this forum as I’m starting the whole tapering off Codeine myself. 

How did you go the second time around? 

We were in the USA just over 2 years ago and I had no choice but to go pretty much ct. I remember having tummy pains and feeling achey etc but I had no choice to keep going as we were doing a lot of things.  

When we got back I went straight to the chemist and got more. I so regret that now. 

I’m determined though. If I managed to do it back then which included a very long flight home then surely I can do it now. 

I’ll have to look for your original post. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.