Second time around

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi ,

i had thr right side in February 2015 and I'm now starting to suffer the groin pain on my left. I know my only long term option is a new hip but in the meantime has anyone had any success in delaying it with specific exercise and if so what?

I'm in the Uk does anyone know if there have been any advances in the last 4 years? I had posterior approach at RNOH in Stanmore north London.

TIA

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I had thr on my left hip and I am also starting to suffer groin pain on my right side. I have been trying to lose weight and also doing pilates to try to delay any further deteriation on that side. What exercise are you finding

helps you?

• Posted

to be honest i've not found anything specific hence my question. i tried pilates but have gynaecological issues which makes it difficult to do certain movements - the jos of late middle age. ive been online and downloaded some simple leg exercises for those with hip problems. i'm walking everyday (about 9500 steps) and using a static bike and some stretchings but i really want to avoid surgery for as long as i can

• Posted

All I know is, you're going to the best hospital in the UK for your hip, they sorted out my replacement last year with a revision after the original shattered because it was put in wrong.

• Posted

are we all in the 2015 club?

• Posted

Probably, I'm in the 2015/16/18 club !

THR October 2015 - put in wrong (local hospital).

Revision Jan 2016 - unable to move ceramic (local hospital)

Revision July 2018 - Ceramic shattered, everything except stem replaced at RNOH.

• Posted

hi. I'm waiting to have my first RTH done which hopefully will be within the next few months. anyway. sounds to me like you're doing a lot to try to stawl the advancement of arthritis in your none operated side already. my thoughts are tho as were all advancing in age and time makes this worse and the recovery would it be better to get it sorted sooner rather than later. besides if you're having it done on the NHS you could have to wait a while to get it done. good luck tho

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.