Secondary adrenal insufficiency

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi wanted some advice please. Yesterday i went into hospital to test for addisions disease as i was reffered by my cardiologist he suspected due to all my symptoms .

When i was injected with the ACTH hormone Within an hour I felt my symptoms improve dramatically, my muscle weakness, loss of balance, heart problrms, blood pressure etc all improved. Told the doctor in the ward this stuff is helping me dramatically and for the first time after a very long time i have managed to find something that has improved my symtoms.

As the test was specifically to rule out addisions and cortisol level were fine they could not prescribe me that or anything similar. is that right ? based on the fact they know i have been trying to find a problem and finally something has clearly worked for me and was life changing.

they said that is up to endocronolgy to do more tests so they said they will tell my GP and now i have to go back from there. the foctor thrmselves could have reffered me there amd then or the very least fir another day. i dont think i had stressed enough how much it had helped me, at this point that felt like a life saving drug but i was sent home.

I am finding it difficult to walk and for the first time in a long time i was able to walk normally. After researching i see that there is secondary adrenal insufficiency which matches exactly what i have i can not beleive it.

just wanted some advice what should i do could it be that, can my gp prescribe me anything quickly or would i have now wait for a encrologist. thanks

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi all struggling with bad fatigue & when i do get up i'm have flu like symptoms too i keep on thinking it heart failure why i'm sleeping so much but it could be this adrenal gland thing instead what test can u do to rule out this ?

• Posted

To get a good picture of your hormones' levels I suggest you see an endocrinologist who will give you a comprehensive work up. The result of which will explain or at least rule out reasons why you feel bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.