Secondary amenorrhea 2 years update ::

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just had my first appointment with the endocrinologist last week. Now have woken up and seem to have a period??! Has been absent for two years.. Do you think it is still worth investigating? I don't see the endocrinologist for 6 weeks so will see if I ovulate again between that time.. Bit annoyed though as I was just getting somewhere and now my period is back.. after two years?? Does this still indicate that something could be wrong or should I not worry? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

How old are you? and why were u seeing the endocrinologist? Are you on any hormones? Birth control pills, ring? 
    • Posted

I'm 17 years, secondary amenorrhea for the 2 years. If you view my previous discussions it will give you more of background. I'm not currently..I was on birth control for 3 months to "reset" my hormones and have come off it and been waiting to get a natural period, has been about 4 months since I've been off birth control... although I have to say this period is very very light and has barely even started.

• Posted

Sorry I dont know where your previous post is. Are u seeing endocrinologist for thyroid disorder? Female hormones? Diabetes
    • Posted

We'll have been referred for secondary amenorrhea for 2 years hoping the endocrinologist can find the cause of it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.