secondary raynaulds

Posted , 3 users are following.

can anyone tell me if anyone suffering from secondary raynaulds has also got athritus in knees and hips

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi John, yes I have both. I suffer from Raynaud's phenomenon. I also have Osteo Arthritis in both knees.

• Posted

have they told you that both are connected my doctors just hit me with crap abt it being my weight that causing my athritus in hips n knees as i have secondary raynaulds thru using vibration tools has your doctors told you its because of raynaulds jules 
  • Posted

Hi John, no nothing has been said to me  about the two being connected. I had arthritis when I was a lot younger and my weight wasn't so high. I was very active when younger and played a lot of sport. I believe that my knees are arthritic because they were 'worn down' in playing sport. Yes, the weight doesn't help but to blame it all on weight. I get so angry and annoyed.I have always been a big person. You would think my body would be used to it by now..lol My GP hasn't even acknowledged that I have Raynauds.  When I see my GP next i will ask her about the two.

• Posted

iv got raynaulds thru using vibration tools and my knee pain  i played sports when younger and golf till bk pain started first bfr fingers then athritus in my knees. i believe thru vibration going thru my body long exposure has caused all my problems and hence athritus in knees thru secondary raynaulds look at a post on medcare a doctor said 80%  of ppl with raynaulds had athritus in knees.
  • Posted

Hi John. I have just been told by My GP that i have mild oesteoarthiritis. I have always sufferred with raynaurds from being a young child. My hands go very white and i can not do a thing with them. I am also interested if the two are connected in anyway. Could i ask what pain relief you take.
    • Posted

hi gayle i read an article by a doctor who said on medcare post that ppl suffering with secondary raynaulds in first 2 yrs 20% develop athritus in knees then 80% go onto suffer from athritus in knees trying to get doctors to admit it thats why ive come on here mines trys to say all posts on internet not accurate hence im looking from other ppls stories i have a bad bk so i take zomorph  and for my knees lyrica . i was taking a drug fr my fingers  niplifine or something like that but didnt help so i stopd taking

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.