secret

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all

I was given the blueies on wed by doc as i have stopped smoking 8 weeks ago and gained 2 stone. I think he thought i would strart again unless he helped me with the weight.

I have never told anyone my weight and only feel able to do so here as no one knows me.

Here goes ... i am 16 stone 2lb

i read all the forum on Wed night and feel that if i take inspiration from others then I should try and be honest.

Have not set any targets and neither has doc he just made an appointment for me to see Nurse in a month and wished me luck.

i have already learnt more from this forum than what doc told me, maybe nurse will be more informative.

Like all other newies here goes.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Just want to encourage you for the future...the first wee while is challenging but you, as we have, learn as you go along and in a week or two it will be second nature. There is no feeling like losing a few lbs......it's the greatest feeling on earth. All the best to you.
  • Posted

Good luck I was like you the only time I got on scales when doctor weighed me, didn't want to know how much I weighed but was desperate for help I tried to lose weight without help. It was only after I went for a review of blood tests with the nurse practitioner I discussed problem with my weight, even more so after having early menopause, she offered me the tablets and said think about it. I told her I didn't need to think about it and started that day. I wish i'd gone to see her years ago when I first started to put on weight but we can all wish, the important thing is we all know what we want and with the help of the tablets and support and inspiration from each other on this site we are destined to be thinner ands fitter! 8)
  • Posted

welcome to your journey

can I please just say to remember these are not a miracle cure but an aid to get you thinking about how and what you eat and to motivate you into a healthy eating/exercising routine.

try and incorporate the little tips we have all found out about like the green tea and small apple after a main meal as they really do seem to work and most of all don't treat these as a ball and chain around you but an aid to achieving your goal.

look forward to seeing your weight loss

• Posted

hi i know exactly how you feel. Have been doing this or 2 weeks and i'm trying to learn that you have to think in little steps. There have been days when i keep thinking 'what's the point nothing is happening' we have to be realistic. weight will not just drop off in days and that we're in it for the long hall. I keep saying to myself. I can either give in (again) and feel like this forever or carry on and l also ask myself what would i eat now if i could. (I think it's a physcological thing, i only want crap cause i'm concentrating on not having it!!)

so just remember your not alone and i always check on hear just to read peoples comment and it really does keep you motivated.

So for all of you reading this who have lost (no matter how big or small), share the news as it really does help.

:lol:

• Posted

i've been on the tablets just over 12 weeks and found that for at least the first month all I thought about was food, now i'm less fixated and found it is easier to say no and find something more healthy as I don't want to undo all the hard work.
  • Posted

try to remember, you didn't put the weight on overnight so you ain't gonna lose it that way! It's disheartening when you step on the scales, I know but be patient (or try!)

chin up!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.