SECRET DRINKER UPDATE

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi all

Rather than continue with my original discussion regarding my daughter in laws mother, I thought I'd start a new discussion.

Some of the regulars on this forum will remember the problems I had regarding this discussion.

New members can follow the thread from my previous discussion SECRET DRINKER.

Well, two months after I persuaded my DIL to visit her mother before she died, the situation couldn't be more different.

She left hospital a week ago and is now back home!! She is having daily phsiotherapy and four care workers daily. She went out to the shops with one for the first time in about four months.

She was obviously detoxed in hospital and has accepted she can never drink again. She has amazed all the medical staff, and is called miracle women by her consultant.

From being just over 4 st she now weighs 7 st. From being tube fed, she can now eat smaller regular meals.

After all the support and advice I received from this forum, I just wanted to let you guys know the progress she's made. She has certainly defied all odds.

It just goes to show, there's always hope.

Regards to all

3 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

what a brilliant situation and you were obviously very supportive!! Robin
  • Posted

Glad to hear things are going so well with her in terms of getting stronger and better. Good to hear from you x
  • Posted

She will be on medication for life which is a small price to pay after total organ failure. Unbelievable when you consider she was given less than 24 hours to live.

The nicest thing to happen, is when I took the youngest grandson to see her. After nearly 4 months of not seeing her he ran to her and gave her a cuddle. He's 15 months old and had seen his grandma nearly every day. Nice ending

• Posted

You get used to the medication, I take mine at night, just before bed, so it's through my system by the time I wake up. When I first took it, it used to make me a bit moody and sleepy, so I stopped taking it during the day. The body is used to it now and it doesn't bother me anymore.

• Posted

The body really can be an amazing thing!

Am so pleased to read this thread and the comments after too.  Thank you for the update and please do continue to let us know of her progress.

• Posted

Oh what a blooming good post vicks.  Thank you for posting this  Yes I remember it very well and did wonder how things were.  My goodness, the girl has come back fighting - what a lovely story to read.  Guardian Angel sat on her shoulders comes to mind - wonderful smile x
    • Posted

Hi gwen

Glad you posted, I was only thinking yesterday that I'd not seen your name pop up 😄😄

• Posted

Hi yourself you ole son of a b+++h.  I can probably only say that to you lol.

Yep pop up Gwen is still here - feels like I have besties on here.  Such a good place.  Going to Spain - get that tan girl and plenty of chillaxin.

Good to read your posts as always smile x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.