Secukinumab during pregnancy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Please, has anyone here been on secukinumab during pregnancy? If so, how was it?

I know its prescribing information advises against it, but there are a few studies where women kept using it.

I would really appreciate to hear from you, people. My girlfriend was on secukinumab and got pregnant - now we and her rheumatologist are facing this dilemma.

Thank you!

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

in most cases from what i have read bio drugs should be avoided during pregnancy. see more info online.

i have not used any bio drugs. however i am acutely aware of the development of many by various pharmaceutical companies since 2010. due to my health concerns to help control and treat psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.

• Edited

Hey Barbara, yes, companies and doctors recommend many of these drugs to be avoided during pregnancy. I'm aware of just one of them that has plently of studies demonstrating usage safety during pregnancy. But that's not the case with secukinumab, for which we have only a few non statistical significant studies suggesting it could be safe. But still, these are all preliminary information and avoidance is still advised.

However, we are in a personal situation where she probably will have to take it, even pregnant.

We are discussing the situation with a rheumatologist. What we are really looking for is people who have had first hand experience on using secukinumab during pregnancy, just to share experiences and get a little more psychological comfort.

Thanks for your reply, wish you the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.