Sedation on 45mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had my dose upped to 45mg nearly 2 weeks ago and at first I was waking up quite refreshed and very alert, however the last free days I have started feeling a bit sleepy and groggy again. Has anyone experienced that? Will it pass?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've been on 45mg for months now and mornings are hard... I wake up groggy every morning it's hard to come round, it's taKeswick me a good half an hour to wake up properly but I'd rather that than the depression.

• Posted

As the day went on today I got better so I hope it’s just a stage! They are starting to help with depression I think but I am exhausted of feeling depressed... how is the weight gain on 45mg for you? I have been on Mirt 5 weeks in total and maybe put on what I have lost when I bacame depressed. I am watching what I am eating and exercising/ or walking a lot so fingers crossed I won’t put to much weight over the next few months!
  • Posted

I've not gained weight I've lost it. I hope this medication works for you, I had to add venlafaxine to pull me out of my depression.

• Posted

hey leanne. did the 45mirt help your depression. I have been on ven for 2 years. just added mirt 30 mg.better for depression.anxiety is not good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.