see better when tilting with glasses

Posted , 2 users are following.

I noticed when i look straight then tilt my head back or move my head to either side while continuing to look straight I see better

is this the way glasses work or means I have astigmatism ?

Im myopic fyi

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a bifocal, trifocal or progressive lens? If so then it sounds like you tilt your head back to reach the higher power of your lens. More likely when you are looking at closer things. All you would most likely need is an adjustment so your glasses sit higher so you can get to the part of your lens you need easier.

• Posted

sjngle lens ..in near sighted...its wjen im lookin a far (20 feet away or 6 meters ) at a snellen chart

when i try to read the bottom linds ..i notice i csn see betrer by tilting head back or moving my hesd to the right or left while still looking at the chart ..moving my glasses around also does the same thing

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.